Freezing Nfsc Dough

Baking By Leahw207 Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 5:43pm by Leahw207

Leahw207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahw207 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:20am
post #1 of 5

Ok, I will probably get stoned to death for asking yet again another NFSC question!...LOL Just kidding.

So I am going to attempt to make the NFSC for my moms birthday, so I want to make the dough way ahead of time, so my question is when I make the dough how long can I freeze the batch of dough uncut? I want to be able to just make the dough, wrap and freaze it. Thanks Guys!

And also, how long would the dough keep wrapped in the fridge?

Sorry if this question was asked before, I couldn't find the thread that it was in. icon_redface.gif

4 replies
1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:59am
post #2 of 5

I would think you could keep it in the freezer up to 6 months. The longest I have ever kept it in the freezer was probably 2 months at most only because I use it up so quickly. I make mine and put it in a large ziploc freezer bag and put it in the freezer. I usually make 10 batches at a time so I have it available at anytime. I take mine out of the freezer and set it on the counter until it thaws and is no longer hard as a rock icon_smile.gif Then I put it on the counter and roll it out with the ziploc bag on top of it so it won't stick to my rolling pin. Cut it out with my cutters then put them on corian cutting boards and put back in the freezer so they will hold their shape. After they have been in the freezer about 15 minutes then put them into the oven.

Hope that helps.

Leahw207 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:08am
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much for your reply, it helps a lot! Wow Ten batches at a time! icon_eek.gif I couldn't even begin to imagine ten batches! You go Girl!..lol

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 5

I also make up a lot of cookie dough at one time to store it in the freezer. I roll it out between 2 sheets of parchment paper while its still soft (after mixing). It doesn't stick to the rolling pin, its easy to transfer to the freezer, and when I'm ready to use it I lay the frozen sheet on the counter, peel off the top piece of parchment and wait until its just soft enough to cut out the cookies. Dough will last quite a long time in the freezer - I think up to 6 months is fine. Another way I keep mine fresh is to store all of the rolled out sheets inside one of those "ziploc big bags" storage bags in the freezer.

Leahw207 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 5

Thats a great idea about rolling out into sheets and freezing it! I need to try that so I always have some on hand! Thanks so much! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%