Need Advice On Edible Images

Decorating By heathercarnold Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 2:57am by amazinggracecakedesigns

heathercarnold Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a laptop computer this weekend and took a screen shot of my own desktop and printed it and took it into a Fred Meyers to have it printed as an edible image. I ran into two problems, the colors is awful! Faded, looks like it's slightly crackled (like the paint texture) and blurry. My other problem is they only had 8 1/2 by 11" sheets, I wanted it to be to scale which requires a tabloid size sheet.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should the edible image be clear and have good color? I have little to no experience working with them and am not sure what to expect. I have already invested $10 into this project, I'd appreciate any advice you would have.

4 replies
sari66 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:31am
post #2 of 5

The image should have been clear if the picture was. I have never made an image on edible paper bigger than the 8x11 so i'm not sure if it comes bigger.

Parable Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #3 of 5

I'm not sure how big " tabloid size sheet" is but maybe you could divide it into multiple pieces.

As for the quality of the copy you had made, I agree with sari66, it should look as good as your original. The last time I had a store make an edible image for me it took them 3 tries for their printer to get it right. The lady knew her printer was acting up. She only charged me for the good one though.

heathercarnold Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:55am
post #4 of 5

dang, I was hoping that wasn't the case! I should have said something before I paid for it.. Has anyone had good luck pasting edible images together? Is the seam really noticeable?
I believe tabloid is the 11" x 17" size..

amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:57am
post #5 of 5

I have an edible image machine at home. It is a Canon ip3500 and all of my pictures come out plain. I have found that some of the stores don't have very good quatlity when they try to print the pictures. It should have been plain and not blurry. I have only used the 8x11 also so I am unsure about the tabloid size sheet. Good luck on your next one. Don't let a bad experience keep you from doing edible images. I do them very often & I have also had a bad experience from a copy made at our local Wal-Mart. Also, make sure that you tell your customers that the edible image is extra so that you don't lose money. Keep trying!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%