My Fellow Cakers -- Help!

Decorating By TejasRebel Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 3:29pm by TejasRebel

TejasRebel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TejasRebel Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 6

I've signed on with the North Texas chapter of Team in Training to do a 100-mile bike ride in November. They provide all the training/coaching and I do the fundraising (feel free to follow my link and donate!) for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I have to raise quite a bit of money and was thinking of doing some kind of local bake sale. Does anyone have ANY suggestions or ideas? icon_smile.gif

Kim
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ntx/tucson08/kcouch

5 replies
Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 6

Yay, good for you!!

I was just takling with my mom about a group of girls who have been making pies all summer to sell for a charity they worked with last year in school. My mom called an told me she was sorry, but she had aboned me.. icon_razz.gif

They were selling really neat stuff like Key Lime Pies. Brownies are always good. Pecan Pies, Derby Pie, Fresh Berry Pies, Oh- I bet you could even sell chocolate dipped strawberries or even those stuffed ones I've rean about here. .....I know that there are more....I'll have to think on this and get back with you.

Oh, thought on one I did once. Homemade snack mix, I do one that is super easy and so good, I think it's called Puppy Chow...bad name I know, and then one the is healthier. Both sold out for me.

TejasRebel Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 6

Those are great ideas -- thank you!

It's got to be stuff that won't melt too easily (I'm sure you can relate to the heat and humidity issue...)

I've got to find a venue to have it at too. Lots of things to consider

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 6

you could find some flea markets in the area and set up there. I know there is McKinney Trades Days every third week end. I don't know how much a booth is. Then you could check at some of the Farmers Markets around town.......Then you can always sit in front of Walmart with their permission. Sam's is another good place. Look on community websites and see if there are any events going on locally that you might be able to set up a table and sell.

FrostedFavours Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedFavours Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 6

I have a niece who is a Luekemia survivor and can say that we are all blessed to have many like you and your team who are doing what they can to raise awareness and funds for research. Thank You!

If you excell at organization consider recruiting others to donate baked goods, and their time towards helping you sell them. Appealing to them with the idea that going that extra distance is truly rewarding.

I've bookmarked your training page to keep updated on your progress, and will be pleased to make a donation in the near future.

Good luck to you and the team. thumbs_up.gif

TejasRebel Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 6

Frosted Favours,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's because of you and people like your niece that I know I can go on and do this. Y'all make it so very worthwhile!

Your idea is exactly what I'd like to see happen.

So... okay, where's all my North Texans willing to donate some time and/or baked goods to help me organize a sale and donate the profits to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%