3 Tiers Cake With Tea Roses Comming Up The Sid

Decorating By kathy777 Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 8:09pm by awolf24

kathy777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy777 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 2

Hello all.. I have a cake in Aug a wedding cake to be exact.. She wants 3 tiers large med and small..and she wants buttercream frosting with tea roses going up the sides of the cake.. The only way i know how to do this is to make the tea roses out of royal icing.. Is that a good idea?? And if so are tea roses like normal size roses and just smaller ? LOL

Do you think i should do the tea roses out of gumpaste or fondant.. I appreciate all comments.. And one more question.. She wants RED !! tea roses.. And she said please don't make it pink lol now i know that there is a red out there that turns stuff RED.. i forgot the name. could you please let me know that and also where to buy it.. Thank a whole bunch in advance!! Kathy

1 reply
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 2

I'm not sure about the tea roses but royal, gumpaste or fondant would all work fine.

I use Americolor super red all the time - great stuff. You get a true red. If you have any cake decorating supply stores near you, they might carry Americolor or you can order it numerous places online. Just do a google search for Amiercolor. Global Sugar Art is one place you can get it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%