Introducing Myself

Lounge By HokieFan Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 5:49pm by mkolmar

HokieFan Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself. I am a 2nd grade teacher in Virginia, married but no kids (yet). I have enjoyed decorating cakes as long as I can remember. I currently bake for friends and family only. I have taken Wilton course 1. I will try and upload more of my cake pictures later but I've had some trouble lately.

I have two big projects coming up, so I know I will be asking some questions! I am throwing a baby shower for my SIL in 2 weeks and then I have a small wedding cake to make the first week of August.

7 replies
awolf24 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 8

Welcome to CC! You'll love it here. (My sister is a teacher in Virginia - Fairfax county schools, middle school special ed teacher). CC is a wonderful resource and the people here are really helpful.

Have you read the Warning in the upper left hand of the screen? Click on it and truly be warned - CC is completely addicting. I am not kidding. icon_smile.gif

JodieF Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 8

Welcome to CC! Prepare to spend a whole lot more time than you should here!

I'm Jodie.....on the Illinois side of St. Louis, work in an elementary school running the computer lab, doing the webpage, yada, yada..... Pssttt...second grade is my favorite, but don't tell!

I have 3 kids that aren't kids anymore.

This is a very helpful place! I've learned so much! icon_biggrin.gif

Sugarflowers Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 8

Welcome! You'll love it here. Most everyone is very helpful and will answer just about any question. We've seen and heard just about everything, so don't be afraid to ask if you don't know. There is a search option to look for a previously asked question, but if you can't find it, then just ask.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

JanH Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 8:48am
post #5 of 8

Hi and Welcome to CC, HokieFan. icon_smile.gif

Decoding CC acronyms:

Everything you ever wanted to know about making your first tiered cake:

Indydebi's illustrated cutting guide for neat slices of cake:
(So much easier than the Wilton method.)

chutzpah Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 8:50am
post #6 of 8

I lived in Richmond for years. The Commonwealth is lovely.

Meemawfish Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:28pm
post #7 of 8

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and I think teachers are god's gift. My grandaughter will be starting 2nd grade this year so I know what you will be dealing with. icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 8

Welcome to the site!

Quote by @%username% on %date%