Sleeve Filling Questions

Decorating By Jenn2179 Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 10:00pm by Lorendabug

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 4

I have a few qestions for those who use the sleeve fillings.

First, if you open one don't use it all how do you store the leftovers and how long can it be stored before it goes bad?

Second, if you use sleeve fillings to mix with your buttercream what ratio do you typically use for filling to buttercream?

TIA,

Jenn

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 4

First, it will last just short of forever in the 'frig (or 4-6 months whichever comes first .... mine usually aren't sitting around for more than a couple of weeks).

Second, I mix just enough "until it looks right" ... and also the "until it tastes right" method. icon_wink.gif

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

First, it will last just short of forever in the 'frig (or 4-6 months whichever comes first .... mine usually aren't sitting around for more than a couple of weeks).

Second, I mix just enough "until it looks right" ... and also the "until it tastes right" method. icon_wink.gif

I was hoping you would see this. I knew you used them. Thanks! I just didn't want to open one and have it go bad before it was all used.

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 4

I always wondered about how long they would last. I have been tempted to buy the fillings already made but was not sure about how long they would last if not all used.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%