How Can I Make This For A Man?

Decorating By BellaSweet Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 4:14pm by armywifebryan

BellaSweet Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 8

I have a cake order due this week for a chocolate cake with ganache. It is for a radio dj that I love. He wants it simple. But this could be a great opportunity for me. So I don't wanna just slap on some frosting and there ya go. How can I do something nice, masculine, and simple?

7 replies
PinkZiab Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 8

You could make some chocolate curls, cigars, etc. or piped chocolate decorations to put on the cake.

snarkybaker Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 8

Everybody loves drizzle cake!!

armywifebryan Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 8

Does he want the ganache drizzled on the outside or could you use it as the filling and maybe make the cake itself look like a turntable or something else related to his DJing, etc.??? Just an idea.

BellaSweet Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 8

well his radio name he goes by lunchbox. I was the one who wanted simple. So I decided maybe to take it up a bit and maybe do a cake like an old fashion silver lunch box. Thing is I saw a pic here a while back now I can't find anything.

armywifebryan Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 9:13pm
post #6 of 8

I typed in lunchbox in the search and this is what I found. Might be able to work with it somehow. could make the lunch box out of cake (the old round top style). Stack up rectangle cake and carve the top so it curves. Maybe make a sandwich and a can of pop out of cake, etc. not sure how many servings you are going for.

BellaSweet Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 9:26pm
post #7 of 8

well i think i am gonna make the round top style. I will make gray fondant, but should I paint it with silver luster dust?

armywifebryan Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 8

I would at least test it out on a smaller piece of the fondant. I think it would look nicer with the shine to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%