How Can I Make This For A Man?

Decorating By BellaSweet Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 4:14pm by armywifebryan

BellaSweet Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 8

I have a cake order due this week for a chocolate cake with ganache. It is for a radio dj that I love. He wants it simple. But this could be a great opportunity for me. So I don't wanna just slap on some frosting and there ya go. How can I do something nice, masculine, and simple?

7 replies
PinkZiab Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 8

You could make some chocolate curls, cigars, etc. or piped chocolate decorations to put on the cake.

snarkybaker Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 8

Everybody loves drizzle cake!!

armywifebryan Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 8

Does he want the ganache drizzled on the outside or could you use it as the filling and maybe make the cake itself look like a turntable or something else related to his DJing, etc.??? Just an idea.

HTH
Teresa

BellaSweet Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 8

well his radio name he goes by lunchbox. I was the one who wanted simple. So I decided maybe to take it up a bit and maybe do a cake like an old fashion silver lunch box. Thing is I saw a pic here a while back now I can't find anything.

armywifebryan Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 9:13pm
post #6 of 8

I typed in lunchbox in the search and this is what I found. Might be able to work with it somehow.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1198853

Or...you could make the lunch box out of cake (the old round top style). Stack up rectangle cake and carve the top so it curves. Maybe make a sandwich and a can of pop out of cake, etc. not sure how many servings you are going for.

HTH

Teresa

BellaSweet Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 9:26pm
post #7 of 8

well i think i am gonna make the round top style. I will make gray fondant, but should I paint it with silver luster dust?

armywifebryan Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 8

I would at least test it out on a smaller piece of the fondant. I think it would look nicer with the shine to it.

Teresa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%