Amount Of Frosting To Make For A Cake?

Decorating By beagledog100 Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 5:41pm by beagledog100

beagledog100 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 3

I have just finished the first week of the Wilton I course, so I am as new as you can get to cake decorating. My teenage nephew is taking the course with me and I am bringing him the Wilton football cake to decorate for the class. How much brown frosting do you think I need to make to cover the football with stars? I wasn't sure if a cup would be enough, but I don't want to make too much since I also have to bring several other colors for my project.

Thanks in advance

2 replies
TexasSugar Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 3

Do you still have the pan insert that came with the football pan? Personally I would think he'd need more than 1 cup. I'm thinking maybe 3 or 4. I know you would use that much if you were just to spread icing on it.

I don't let my students do the character pans because it takes a long time to do them, even ones like that. He may not be able to finish it in class. I'd also suggest he use the tip 21 instead of the 16. The bigger the tip, the bigger the stars the fewer of them.

beagledog100 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Do you still have the pan insert that came with the football pan? Personally I would think he'd need more than 1 cup. I'm thinking maybe 3 or 4. I know you would use that much if you were just to spread icing on it.

I don't let my students do the character pans because it takes a long time to do them, even ones like that. He may not be able to finish it in class. I'd also suggest he use the tip 21 instead of the 16. The bigger the tip, the bigger the stars the fewer of them.

I don't have the insert that came with the pan. I think it fell out in the store. I figured the football wouldn't be TOO hard for him since he only has to use 2 colors. He can start it in class and finish it when he gets home. I like the idea of using a larger tip. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%