1800's Theme...help Please!!

Decorating By chasmil Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 5:54pm by crystalina1977

chasmil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasmil Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, my church is celebrating it's 200th year. It was founded in 1808 so they are having a big bicentennial celebration and basically going back to the 1800's. They asked me to do the cake and the only thing I was told was to make it three tiers with something old on it. Uh, ok...this is where all of you wonderfully creative and talented CC ers come in. I am not at all creative so ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3 replies
sandygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandygirl Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:11am
post #2 of 4

How about a replica, or picture, of the church as it looked when it was first built?

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 4

A replica of the church would be great, good idea!

If not that, then maybe period-style lace accents, or shape the top tier as a hat of the era?

I have seen one (I think it was Edwardian though) that had a lace bottom tier with wide collar, a corset center tier (not the naughty kind, the dress-style) and a period suit third tier topped with a small bowler hat. It was cute.

Good luck, it sounds like a fun project!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 4

i would suggest lots of edible pictures, printed in the sepia tone, and attach them to the cake. then the cake could be done in browns and creams. i did a cake for my grandmothers 70th birthday, in my photos, using edible photos of my grandmother at different stages of her life. it was a hit...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%