Are Boxers Ok?

Decorating By oceanspitfire Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 1:08pm by robinscakes

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 4

So one of my friends' son is turning 12 on Thursday and I want to drop a surprise cake off there for him. If anyone looks at my pics, it's the same family as the ones I did the wine bottle, and the tree stump with movie clapboard and 'dad' sitting against the tree with his tools, as well as the stack of books for one of the daughters. Anyway so a bit of background- because I don't want anyone to jump to any weird conclusions right away icon_smile.gif) I know the family well, we hang out all the time, the kids are all/mostly homeschooled and live on a farm and all possess a great sense of humour.
So anyway, there's an inside joke that the one who is turning 12 on Thursday is 'mad' about boxers because his brother always steals his. So my thought was to make a square cake with a pair of boxers on top with the number 12 'printed' all over them, and Happy Birthday (like kids have stuff written on their gym shorts these days) -
Anyway this morning I am sitting here drinking coffee before work, and the age old 'what if' pops into my head, I don't think any of the family will think that's weird, lol, I think he'll be a bit embarrassed maybe for 2 seconds that his sister told me the story LOL but I wonder what your thoughts are from a professional cake decorator standpoint- have any of you done something like this, or not, because it seemed inappropriate (not in the same way a kitty litter or toilet bowl are of course lol). Anyway emphasis on the fact that I know the family well, we all bug each other about stuff in fun, and they all have healthy senses of humour.
TIA and happy baking!

3 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 4

IMO I would not want to be embarassed on my birthday. I would choose something more appropriate. However you know them and if you think they would like it then it's up to you icon_smile.gif

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:04pm
post #3 of 4

I think if he was older it would be o.k. but you know how kids and hormones are at the age of 12. EVERYTHING makes them mad or upset. icon_cry.gif

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 4

Maybe a different kind of cake since it will be on display for all to see, but then maybe give him a pair of boxers as a gift on the side.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%