Help-Creative Way To Identify Cupcake Flavor On Tier

Baking By couturecupcakery Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 1:27am by FromScratch

couturecupcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
couturecupcakery Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 3:17am
post #1 of 6

Hi there.
I am doing a cupcake tier for a wedding next month and the bride asked for a way to identify the flavors.
I am doing 3 flavors, Vanilla w/pink frosting, Lemon with lighter pink frosting & Coconut with white frosting. I thought of using picks but on each one?? That would be very distracting in my opinion. I then thought of a cute frame with the flavors wrtten out, but since she wants pink/white theme, they don't look like their flavor. At a loss? I am looking for pics on the web, can't find one. Help anyone.

5 replies
Pat317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pat317 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 4:03am
post #2 of 6

A large silver frame ( menu ) identifying the flavors of each tier seems classy to me. Make sure it is large enough to read, and each is clearly identifiable

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 4:27am
post #3 of 6

I recently did a cupcake table with 4 diff kinds, they were all different colors though so I used a menu on the side in a fram. Obviously the yellow one was lemon, the brown one was chocolate, etc.

What if you were to do a small RI flower on each flavor that would correspond with a picture on the printed menu.

for example you could do a pink apple blossom for the vanilla, a white drop flower for the lemon and a rose bud for the coconut.

or...
what if you just put one of each flavor on the top tier with a pick in them, then they could identify the rest by the top.

couturecupcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
couturecupcakery Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 7:56am
post #4 of 6

I think I will do the frame with menu idea.
IN the future I like the different flower idea with a corresponding menu to match. Unfortunatly I can't do this one like that as I will be placing a Mother's frosted Animal cookie on each of them...yes, you read correctly. She is having the wedding at a large zoo. Interesting huh? I actually looked on the wesbite of the zoo and the pictures and food look amazing. So you just never know. She is a young bride and this is what she wants. It will look cute. And I am adding a small cakeon top of the tier.
Thanks for the suggestions.

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 6

Depending on what type of display you are using, could you color coordinate the surface with the appropriate cupcake? For example, put the vanilla cupcakes on a white board for the top tier, the lemon cupcakes on a yellow board for the middle tier, and the coconut cupcakes on a pink board on the bottom tier? Or could you use different colored cupcake wrappers?

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:27am
post #6 of 6

What I usually do is to make little cut out candy clay flowers to ID flavors. Yellow for lemon, pink for raspberry, orange for carrot, chocolate for chocolate, etc. Then have a menu on the side with the corresponding flower next to the description. It works well and is a pretty display

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%