D@ll@s Foam Cake Dummies

Business By littlecake Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 6:47pm by poshcakedesigns

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:42am
post #1 of 17

these dummies were way cheaper than wholesale...

i ordered a bunch last week, does anyone know how fast they ship?

i was concerned cause they haven't even charged my card yet....

i had to spell it that way cause for some reason "dallas" was blocked off my heading.

16 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:51am
post #2 of 17

I ordered from them and had no problems. Shipment was recieved within a week. I'm satisfied and will repeat order from them

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:52am
post #3 of 17

It has been a while since I ordered from them, but I remember it always taking a while to ship/arrive -- longer than normal, but I can't remember an exact timeline. I do love them though -- SO much cheaper!!!

midwestmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmommy Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #4 of 17

I have not ordered from them but almost did about a week ago. They say they cut them in 3-4 days then it ships. I'd say a good ten workdays. Let us know.

BTW: How much did you order )pricewise) and how much to ship? To me, when I did some calculating, it didn't pay to order through them.

I really want to know if you were charged the shipping cost it stated on the order or did it end up being more?

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:54am
post #5 of 17

They are way cheaper but be careful because when I ordered from them they increased the shipping charge more than double without notifying me!! The shipping ended up being more than the dummies. I do seem to remember that I got my shipment pretty quickly though.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:06am
post #6 of 17

I've ordered from them 2x and shipping was pretty quick each time.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:08am
post #7 of 17

You have to allow for production time. Their made to order unlike most cake places that just have them sitting around. Usually ship within a week or two and they wont charge your card until they actually finish the production and are about to ship.
Their great on their prices. Cant beat it! But if you need a dummy quick within a day or two then order them from Alan at Global.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:14am
post #8 of 17

I got mine pretty fast, but can't remember exactly how long it took. They did have great prices!

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:51am
post #9 of 17

I ordered from the for the first time just last month. I was on a bit of a time constraint, so called directly. They said it takes 3 days to make them, then so many days to ship (depending on how far you are from them).

The shipping is based on the size of box needed to ship your order, not weight--so larger dummies = large shipping. (I was able to monkey w/ my order on-line to get a gauge of how much shipping would be.) Even w/ my shipping costs, I felt they were still much cheaper than several other places I checked.

I was very pleased and would use them again. HTH

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 4:13am
post #10 of 17

i ordered 70.00 worth of dummies, and my email quoted a little over 30 bucks to send it.

but even with the shipping it's less than decopac with no shipping....for example the 6 inch round was 60 something cents, and decopac was over 2 bucks.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:14am
post #11 of 17

With dummies that cheap I wouldn'e be upset at all if the shipping was more than them... don't forget how a large the box has to be.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 6:15am
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

With dummies that cheap I wouldn'e be upset at all if the shipping was more than them... don't forget how a large the box has to be.

you said it! thumbs_up.gif
you can't beat dallas foam! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 6:38am
post #13 of 17

Actually you can beat them if you have a foam shop in your town. I googled foam manufacturers and just started calling everything that came up for houston. I got a ton of dummies for 11$ that I didn't have to pay shipping for! I know I had a lot more options than some people have in smaller towns but at least call and see if you have a local foam place before you pay shipping.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 12:28pm
post #14 of 17

I order from them all the time...I love their dummies..not only for the price, but they don't have as many inperfections as some other dummies I have seen, that is, seams, and bumps..less sanding!

I usually get my order in about a week..and yes, shipping is based on how big the dummy is!

I always laugh because they pack the dummies in styrofoam pieces (to protect it) Some of them I kept to use to stick gum paste flowers in for drying!

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 3:07pm
post #15 of 17

Loriesmom--I laughed, too, when I opened the box and saw all of the extra styrofoam for packing! But I didn't think of using some of the pieces for drying gum paste! Great idea! thumbs_up.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 6:48pm
post #16 of 17

When I ordered from them, the charge didn't show up until after I had ordered it.
On another note-this company is great. One time my shipment arrived damaged, and they replaced the entire thing, even the ones that hadn't been damaged. Another time, I hadn't received a response for an order I needed immediately. When I contacted them, they felt so bad about it that they had my special order delivered that day. Of course it helps that I live in Dallas. icon_wink.gif

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:47pm
post #17 of 17

I ordered from them and the turn around time was about a week but I ended up paying more in shipping than my total order. So I was not happy about that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%