Small Business Development Council

Business By Cakenicing4u Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 3:29am by snarkybaker

Cakenicing4u Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 5

EGADS.... they want to meet with me!!! Tomorrow, and they said to bring anything. They help you to write the pitch that writes the plan that gets you to the numbers... so I don't need to have a business plan written yet. They want the pitch first. So what should I take??

I have a lot of things to toss around, but no idea what to actually take....
Photos of my work..
List of equipment necessary and a wish list....
Local wedding publications that show a lack of bakers.....
List of competitors.....
Resume.....
Places I would like to set up shop....
Ideas on marketing and promotion.....

I fully expect to be turned down, so one minute it seems like an exercise in futility and the next it is so exciting it freaks me out.

4 replies
poshcakedesigns Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 5

Can't offer any suggestions but wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK icon_smile.gif

poshcakedesigns Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 5

Can't offer any suggestions but wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 4:03am
post #4 of 5

Probably some of the #'s that you make profit wise would help to show you can support this business adventure when it gets started.

snarkybaker Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:29am
post #5 of 5

It was a similar group that called us about opening a bakery downtown. They were able to get us in touch with the landlord for the location we wanted and help us with permitting issues, but the money part was still up to us. These type of organizations have the goal of filling store fronts with local businesses, they recruit, but not necessarily finance.

Our town does have entrepreneurship classes and small business loans available, but most towns don't and you still need to have significant collateral to secure the loan.

They just wanted a proposal, what did you intend to do with the space, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%