How Do I Make These Scrolls?

Decorating By troyfan Updated 13 Jul 2008 , 9:27pm by southerncake

troyfan Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 5

I know Colette Peters have these in one of her books, but I'm not sure which one...

4 replies
lardbutt Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 5

I've seen those several times before and have no idea how to make them, but would like to know too!

Texas_Rose Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 5

That's called quilling.

To do it, cut strips of fondant or gumpaste, bend them into the shape you want, and stand them on their edges to dry.

troyfan Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 5

thanks, texas_rose

southerncake Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 5

Texas Rose is right! I love making these. I use the Wilton fondant cutter to cut my strips so that they are all the same width.

Quote by @%username% on %date%