Cheesecakes For Wedding

Decorating By skittles2120 Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 12:03pm by HerBoudoir

skittles2120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skittles2120 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 8

I read some of the posts regarding cheesecakes for weddings but I still have a few questions. I just had an inquiry for someone that wants cheesecakes for their wedding cake. They want just plain cheesecakes with strawberry, blueberry and raspberry toppings on the side for the guests to add themselves. They want enough for about 100 guests. They are going to purchase or rent a cake stand that is staggered so the cakes will not be stacked. I am curious about how I should do the toppings? Also should I charge the same as a regular wedding cake? And do I need to purchase larger springform pans? Can you make a cheesecake 12" or bigger?

Thanks!

7 replies
CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 8

I think cheesecake itself is actually very elegant. Maybe if they don't mind you could garnish them w/ fresh fruit & mint leaves( I've seen this somewhere before. I've heard that you can use any cake pan. Make sure the bottom in lined, & put them in the freezer a little before removing them. Then just smooth up your sides a little. Hope this was helpful icon_smile.gif

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 8

I just did a "cheesecake" search on this site. You should try it there are all sorts of forums & beautiful gallery photos of wedding cheesecake photos icon_eek.gif . If you see one you like, maybe you could pm someone on there tips & instructions.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:29am
post #4 of 8

The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum has great pictures, recipes and directions for cheesecake as a wedding cake. The public libraries in my area have copies of this book. You could check it out.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:25am
post #5 of 8

Making the sauces is actually quite easy. Buy the fruit frozen (plain berries, no sugar added - very easy to get), and simmer the fruit with enough sugar to sweeten them to taste.

If you want the sauces to be smooth rather than chunky, cook longer and strain.

Chocolate sauce is also awesome with cheesecake, especially when combined with the fruit sauces. There are a lot of homemade chocolate sauce recipes out there, but I personally just use ganache made with extra cream so it's the right consistency.

skittles2120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skittles2120 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:16am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for all of the advice. I really appreciate it. How would you charge for the sauces?? Also, they are needing enought for 100 at least. They said they would be okay with extra. icon_biggrin.gif I'm not sure what sizes serve for cheesecake as opposed to regular cake. Any help with that?

Thanks!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:31am
post #7 of 8

elegantcheesecakes.com is an awesome site for some ideas as well...

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:03pm
post #8 of 8

As far as serving size goes - any cookbook that has a recipe for a cheesecake will also list servings for that cheesecake. Once you know what recipe you'll be using, you'll have a good idea of how many slices. You will have to base it on individual recipe because some bake up taller than others, thus increasing the number of servings.

For example, according to my Dorie Greenspan "Baking", her basic cheesecake is baked in a 9 inch pan and serves 16. That to me sounds like a realistic serving size for an individual slice of dessert.

At the restaurant where I work, we get in pre-made cheesecakes as a dessert - they are 10 inches round and about 4 inches high, and they are pre-cut into 12 servings - they are a HUGE serving and most people share one slice between 2-3 people. One of those slices would be entirely too much as a wedding dessert, IMHO - you'd be throwing out a lot of half-eaten cheesecake slices.

If I was going to make a smooth sauce (i.e. strained) I would use 2 one-pound bags of fruit for one 16 serving 9 inch cheesecake. You may need to make more than that if people are helping themselves - they are likely to take more than just one kind of sauce.

BTW - cheesecake freezes beautifully (you need to thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours), as does the cooked fruit sauces. That's always helpful if you want to make them ahead of time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%