Rhondas Ultimate Mmf Question

Decorating By sarahpierce Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 6:36pm by sweettoothmom

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 7

I noticed this recipe has lemon juice in it. Does this make it taste like lemon, and could you use other flavorings?

6 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 7

the lemon is not real strong... offsets the sweetness. I think I used almond before and worked fine for me.

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks, I just didn't want to make a whole batch and have it not taste right. Plus then have the mess to clean up. I hate that part. icon_sad.gif

marjiw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marjiw Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:35am
post #4 of 7

Can someone please post Rhonda's Ultimate MMF recipe? I did a search and did not find it on CC. Would love to have it! Thanks!

carolbby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolbby Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 7

Hi Ladies,
What can you add to the fondant to make it dry harder, like for figures, flowers, etc.?

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 5:42am
post #6 of 7

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3183-2-Rhondas-Ultimate-MMF.html >>It's in the recipe section, you just type Rhonda in the search field and you'll find it if you ever don't want to drum up this link.

carolbby, you can add gumtex to the fondant to get it to dry harder, or else my personal fave which is to mix it 50/50 with gumpaste, that's how I made the Remy in my avatar. I have definitely used gumtex, works very well, the tea party cake in my gallery is all MMF/gumtex figures, also the one w/two snowmen; the "snowball bodies" stayed nice and round, unlike w/a more recent cake where I used straight MMF and the spheres just collapsed into blobs.

So, gumtex works great! You just sprinkle a little in. I think the rule of thumb is 1 tsp to a batch of MMF (don't quote me on that) but I never do the whole batch, I just sprinkle in a bit to a chunk of fondant I want to make figures out of. But 50/50 is more pliant and stronger; it gets an A+ from me.

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 7

Great input all. Thank you for the post and the insight to all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%