Decorating By Briniga Updated 13 Jul 2008 , 10:59pm by Briniga

Briniga Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 3:34am
post #1 of 6

I'm trying to find a sculptured plumeria veiner & blossom veiner, where can I find that? I cant find them at the stores & I been looking online, doesnt anyone know where? thanks

5 replies
sweet1 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 3:53am
post #2 of 6

There isn't a plumeria veiner as plumerias do not have noticeable or heavy veins. It is more of a smooth petalled tree flower-just like a magnolia doesn't have veins. You won't find such a veiner. If you feel you absolutely must have some texture on the petal, I would use the black Jem petal tool You can get it from at the International Sugar Art web site.

Briniga Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 4:05am
post #3 of 6

Actually there is on this website... its the 14th one down they dont call it the plumeria, but it is the same thing. I was just wondering if there was a cheaper place I could get it.

Cakepro Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 6

On that website, the plumeria/frangipani "veiner" is actually more of a mold. It would produce a thicker, one-piece molded flower, not a delicate thin-petaled flower.

Here's a super-easy tutorial on making plumeria.

sweet1 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 6

Right--the Australian product is really a mold to stamp out the petal detail, the curved under edges of the petals. It may add a touch of texture to the petal, but it is not a "veiner." Veiners do just that--add veins to leaves and petals that have heavier central veins with offshoot veins. Working in the sugar craft supply/import business, no one in the U.S. carries a plumeria mold or veiner. Petal cutters, yes, in various shapes and sizes. Most U.S. suppliers also do not import from Australia (very few products if they do). Broadly speaking, most, but not all, imported items come from England--particularly the double sided veiners (Great Impressions comes to mind) which have not been used or promoted/sold heavily here in the U.S. as the veiners can be expensive for a single flower veiner-- which is why you are looking for some place more local (this side of the pond) to get it, and you're not going to find it. You can find some Sunflower mold/veiners here, but not in a frangipani (plumeria). Most plumerias made here in the U.S. are single petals then put together with wire or as your tutorial shows, not stamped or press molded as they are not available (easily or cheaply) here.

Briniga Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 6

I just copied off of what it said on that website, it said veiner, but yes its sort of a mold, which is what I was wanting, thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%