Fondarific Fondants....anyone Try Them Yet?

Decorating By littlejake Updated 13 Jul 2008 , 11:04pm by aliciaL_77

littlejake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejake Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:46am
post #1 of 14

Fondarific Fondants ?????
My supplier has them for sale, but not sure how well they are to work with or how they taste. Anyone know? Let me know if you have any info on them. Thanks.

Jessica

13 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #2 of 14

My prices are already the highest for the area. I cannot justify the increase in price for a flavored fondant to my clients.

Claricakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claricakes Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:00am
post #3 of 14

well, this company was gracious enough to send some to our club.... for our day of sharing, The flavors were cherry (red) and Buttercreme (white)
They were awesome..... I think it taste better than Satin Ice. Just my opinion. : )

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:04am
post #5 of 14

Thanks Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:18am
post #6 of 14

You're very welcome, jo_ann. icon_smile.gif

(Sorry there wasn't more on the subject.)

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 3:12am
post #7 of 14

I find them very yucky and chemically tasting. It was very disappointing.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 3:12pm
post #8 of 14

I got some samples from them, and while the buttercream and lemon flavors were very good, there's probably no way I'd use the brightly colored fruit flavors. They seem like something a little kid would want but that no adult would eat. My husband wouldn't even eat a cookie that I put the lemon flavor on. I actually thought the lemon on the cookie was pretty tasty, though.

I wouldn't pay their prices even though the buttercream flavor was quite good.

Deanna

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 3:54pm
post #9 of 14

JanH,
Sorry to butt in, but I had to tell you that I love your signature as well as your avatar.All the ones you have previously chosen, LOL.

Theresa50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Theresa50 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 10:42pm
post #10 of 14

I have tried the fondarific.. they are tasty.. i tried the cherry , lemon, choc, buttercream and orange, I used them on a cake as decorations.. flowers ..it rolls out great but by the time i got the cake where it needed to go the flowers didn't hold up.. they were like starbursts that were left in the heat to long..kind of texture.. icon_redface.gif .. way to soft.. the rest of the decorations made out of mmf stood up to the heat.. hope this helps..

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 10:59pm
post #11 of 14

I just used this the other day! I only had enough to do some details with, but I really liked it. It is very soft, that's true. I added some powdered sugar to it and that helped. After I finished I wondered if I should try adding some satin ice for stability. icon_rolleyes.gif Next time, I guess.
The flavors are fruity and kid friendly. Starburst is a good description. I think having a whole cake covered in tutti fruitty would be a little overwhelming, but little flowers on cupcakes, or details for the kids to pick off and eat....absolutely!!
thumbs_up.gif

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 11:01pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omicake

JanH,
Sorry to butt in, but I had to tell you that I love your signature as well as your avatar.All the ones you have previously chosen, LOL.

I have to agree, but how do you suppose JanH has the time to put all of these great comments/links/information into threads for us when she had a guy that looks like that (see her avatar) hanging around all day?!?! icon_lol.gif

-Michelle

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 11:01pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omicake

JanH,

I have to agree, but how do you suppose JanH has the time to put all of these great comments/links/information into threads for us when she had a guy that looks like that (see her avatar) hanging around all day?!?! icon_lol.gif

-Michelle

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 11:04pm
post #14 of 14

I have tried it. I thought they were ok - I tried the chocolate (tasted like a tootsir roll) Buttercream (was ok) grape and orange (nothing I would like on a cake) I have not tried satin ice - I have only used fondant a few times and it was MMF - I just can't see spending that much for fondant though.. JMO

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%