Wrapping For Cupcakes???

Decorating By miny Updated 13 Jul 2008 , 1:53am by miny

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 12:57am
post #1 of 9

Hi, there's going to be this big carnival at church in two weeks and I decided to donate the cakes for the cake walk, well, now the person in charge told me if I can change them for cupcakes and I have no problem with it because they just want the frosting swirled on top . My dilema is how to individually present them icon_confused.gif , the boxes must be really expensive and a bag is going to mess the frosting up, I thought about the plastic cups but how are they going to take them out of there???!!!! icon_surprised.gif
Help, I really have no idea how to do it!!!! TIA. icon_cry.gif

8 replies
becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:05am
post #2 of 9

I have this in my saved photos because they are so darn cute! Hope this helps! Good luck!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1189519.html

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:11am
post #3 of 9

how many cupcakes are you making?

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:26am
post #4 of 9

that is a cute idea!

gabbycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbycakes Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:35am
post #5 of 9

I recently brought cupcakes to work for a bakesale and I used clear cups. I got the squatty, clear Solo cups and put the cupcake in it, then a larger clear cup upside down over the top and taped the rims in 2 or 3 places. I used the larger drinking cups as lids because I made the jumbo cupcakes and had lots of frosting and a large mylar pick in each one. I think 2 of the squatty cups would work with a regular cupcake. They're readily available and affordable, and your cupcake shows but stays nice and sanitary!

miny Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:36am
post #6 of 9

I'm not sure yet, maybe 40 but there are going to be the big cupcake size

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:36am
post #7 of 9

How about these popcorn cupcakes since it's a carnival?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1186760

They look like they are done in nut cups with red accents added to them. I've done the popcorn portion before. It's relatively easy. Just gotta cut a litte x in all of the marshmellows.

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:39am
post #8 of 9

Wow those popcorn cupcakes are amazing! What a cute idea!

miny Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #9 of 9

That's exactly the size I was thinking, with the nut cups but the presentation is the problem since they are going to be for a cake walk. Love the popcorn idea but I have to help in the carnival, I have another BIG hawaiian cake and a cookie class for the same day at almost the same time!!! (big mess in my calendar, icon_redface.gif I guess I can say good bye to my cookie class already!), soooo it worked really well for me that they just want the frosting swirled on top but I'm extremely sad because I was dying to start making cookies...... icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
But thank you all for your ideas, I think I'll use the cups as Gabyycakes sugested thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%