I Wish I Could Do This....

Business By disneynutbsv Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 1:21am by alanahodgson

disneynutbsv Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 19

I own a hair salon in town and I have very cheap rent icon_biggrin.gif woohoo

Anyhow, I'd love to do more cakin' than cutting, lol....Not, not really, but kind of. I love my customers and really want to continue with doing hair, but also want to do cakes as well....I told my husband that I want a hair salon/bakery (rotfl)....which yes, it sounds gross.... hair and cake...

I wish I could divide my space into two separate areas!

18 replies
mkolmar Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:36am
post #2 of 19

That would be gross icon_lol.gif Too bad you just couldn't add on to the building for cakes.

Monkess Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 19

Well it SOUNDS gross but technically if you were to divide it up-you would have two seperate stores...if you landlord approves-go for it girl!

littlecake Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 19

thats what i was thinkin....how big is it?

cakedout Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 19

One of my customers does it all: hair, wedding cakes, AND catering!! Whew! icon_eek.gif

sugarcheryl Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 7:07pm
post #6 of 19

Wow I didn't think about else would want to combine hair/cakes. I did hair and a part of me want to own a salon so you are a step head of me. If there is a way to do both go for it. I wish I had that set up. You have a client base to work with already that's half your battle. Go for it!

disneynutbsv Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 19

Well, its fairly good sizeicon_smile.gif But its all renovated for a "salon".....I'll have to rethink things and maybe renovate...my landlord doesn't care as long as he gets his rent checkicon_smile.gif

summernoelle Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 19

Yum!
Hairy Cakes!
LOL.
Maybe you could just put in some drywall to divde it? It is big enough for that?

disneynutbsv Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:44pm
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Yum!
Hairy Cakes!
LOL.
Maybe you could just put in some drywall to divde it? It is big enough for that?

lol!! That's quite a name icon_biggrin.gif

eiyapet Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:44am
post #10 of 19

Not a bad idea, you could bake the cake and do the hair for the wedding.
What could you call it? - I like Hairy Cakes, it would get attention...
Cut the cake
Cakes and Curlers
Perms and Petit fors
Bake and Snip
Come on people help me out, I stink at this. I am so bad at picking names I ran a contest for the public to pick our name when we opened.

tonedna Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:55am
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutbsv

Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Yum!
Hairy Cakes!
LOL.

lol!! That's quite a name icon_biggrin.gif

It makes it sound like they are quite scary cakes!... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna

Shanille21 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:57am
post #12 of 19

i am also a stlyist and love to do cakes. i alwyas wanted to have a salon and pastry shop.... i always get hungry whe im getting my hair done. hope this works out for you.

~Shannon

Tona Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:57am
post #13 of 19

If you have the room go for it. Good luck. I like the name Cut the Cake so cute.

babybundt Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:01am
post #14 of 19

how about "SHEAR INDULGENCE"..........

eiyapet Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:08am
post #15 of 19

how about "SHEAR INDULGENCE"..........

LOL - Awesome

Maybe Frosting done Here...

CakesByLJ Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:15am
post #16 of 19

How about "Hair's the Cake" LOL sorry, it just came to my head.. I really like Shear Indulgence...

ladyhawk1nlm Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:33am
post #17 of 19

One thing to think about. After you do it will the landlord count that as a new space, and want a new rent for it..... That happened to my sil when she made her storage space into a dinning room for her bar....just a thought...

disneynutbsv Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:40am
post #18 of 19

lol, you guys are so clever!

Actually my salon business has been here for a few years, so I won't be changing my name....But thanks everyone for the support!

alanahodgson Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:21am
post #19 of 19

That's so funny. I do cakes out of my home and my friend does hair out of hers. We've joked about sharing a place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%