Grrrr....why Did My Icing Do This?

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 12 Jul 2008 , 7:25pm by LoriMc

LoriMc Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 4

I made a baseball field cake with buttercream icing. I took it out of the refrigerator today, and let it sit out before the lady came to pick it up. When she came, I opened the lid and there were tiny brown water dots all over the brown areas. The grass looked fine. I used Americolor, which is what I always use. She didn't say anything about it, and I just mentioned the cake looked like it was starting to sweat. Do you think it will eventually go away? The cake was perfectly fine two hours ago!!!! WAH!!

3 replies
LoriMc Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 4

Now that I think about it, I think this happened one other time when I did a cake in the summer and used americolor brown. Anybody else have this happen?

EmilyGrace Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 4

I usually only make brown icing by making it chocolate but maybe your color has been contaminated? I know if you get any icing or anything mixed with your gel colors they can go goopy and seperate. Is that possible?

LoriMc Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 4

Actually it was a new bottle. I thought humidity might have something to do with it, but I had another cake being picked up, buttercream with yelloe Americolor and it looked just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%