How Much Would You Charge For This Cake?

Decorating By prncsslmndrps Updated 12 Jul 2008 , 3:58pm by prncsslmndrps

prncsslmndrps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prncsslmndrps Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 9

I'm in Northeast PA, the cake will be picked up on Tuesday night. I was thinking $75-$100, DH says more. I just was asked last night to do it. Help!?
LL

8 replies
jess85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jess85 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 9

i think 100 is fair, its a reasonably simple construction. i am in a different country mind you but thats about what we'd get.

babyqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyqueen Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 9

I really think it depends on the size of the cake. If they are 10" or less, $100 is good.

Claricakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claricakes Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 9

I think$75.00 it's a very easy cake to make. HOwever if you have a rush fee or must have a week notice on your orders then those fees apply but if someone just calls you up and you acceot the order I don't think it's fair to hike the price up just for a last minute order. That would be a Cinch if you have the Paisly pan set. I alway stell my cake friends to be fair with pricing. Good Luck!!!

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 9

In my area I could never get $100 for that cake! I wish I could. I'd probably charge $75-ish, possibly less if it's smaller than I'm guessing (10" or 12"). Dang this Michigan economy!!! It's the worst!!!

prncsslmndrps Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claricakes

I think$75.00 it's a very easy cake to make. HOwever if you have a rush fee or must have a week notice on your orders then those fees apply but if someone just calls you up and you acceot the order I don't think it's fair to hike the price up just for a last minute order. That would be a Cinch if you have the Paisly pan set. I alway stell my cake friends to be fair with pricing. Good Luck!!!

I don't have the paisley pan set icon_sad.gif So this would be a cut job. Thanks for the advice.. I generally ask for a 2 week notice.

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:40pm
post #7 of 9

I guess I'm in a different mindset...to me that's a carved cake and should be considered higher. You definitely shouldn't charge less than a $100.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:42pm
post #8 of 9

$100 sounds about right to me. It's a simple design.

prncsslmndrps Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:58pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, I really appreciate it icon_smile.gif I talked to the woman who wants it and I"m charging her $80, she'll be picking it up on Tuesday night.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%