Pirate Cake

Baking By sheridene Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 8:55pm by OCakes

sheridene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheridene Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 10:11am
post #1 of 4

Hi

My name is sheridene and i have to make a pirate cake in 3D for my friends son and it's my firs time having to make this sort of cake so wuld like to know how to make it,cut it out and ice it with sugar paste icing? They don't wont toy men but icing men i have a good idea of how to more or less cut it out but would like some pro advise on it. If you could please help me?

Sincerely,
Sheridene

3 replies
CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 10:38am
post #2 of 4

Hi Sheridene! Welcome to CC. I have never done a pirate cake before but for all it's worth, I will suggest you type 'pirate cake' into search and see what comes up. Then you can contact the person whose cake you like by 'pming' them (just click on the pm button next to the profile button and it will take you to a private mail box). I found a few pirate cakes for you this way but unfortunately, I don't know how to post the photos. Hope this helps though.

nini2898 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nini2898 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 4

hi there. i made a pirate cake this past December for a 4 year old. it may be on my photos. but i went to this site

http://thecookduke.com/pirate-ship-cake/

it helped me out a lot. my little girl was allergic to dairy so i was limited as to what i could use but i put pirates of the Caribbean gummies on it and life saver gummies as the port holes. let me know if you need any pointers!! it was really easy to make!!!

for the people try using youtube.com there might be a instructional video on there that will help you!!

good luck!!!

Kimi

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 4

Do they want a 3D pirate, or a 3D pirate ship with pirates on it? Maybe if it's just 1 pirate, you can use a Winnie the Pooh stand-up pan & decorate him with a striped shirt, maybe sitting with a peg leg on one side & holding a treasure chest? You'd have to cut-off his ears & you could give him a bandanna, or just add a pirate hat made of cardboard or even fondant? For a ship & 3D guys all over it - I think it would depend on how large you made the ship, but maybe you could make simple little guys with fondant or gumpaste? I'm not an expert with that stuff, but if you have enough time, that would be cute! Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%