Parchment Paper Help Getting Cake Out Of Pan

Decorating By HIPrincess Updated 12 Jul 2008 , 4:57pm by JenniferMI

HIPrincess Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 5:22am
post #1 of 8

I am making some heart wedding cakes and need help getting them out of the pan. I have heard that you can trace a parchment paper of the shape of the pan and lay it in the bottom of the pan, after you have greased it with solid vegetable shortening and then put shortening on the top of the parchment shape as well. Anyone ever done this? I have one flopped cake on my hands and have to have a sure fire way of getting these out of the pan...I am running out of time. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Also, ribbon on a cake...how do you secure the ribbon on the back side after you put it around the cake.

TIA!!!!

7 replies
Franluvsfrosting Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 5:38am
post #2 of 8

I usually do it that way. I'm sure there are many who don't but it was what I was taught and it works every time so why mess with a good thing? icon_biggrin.gif

I spray the pan then put a parchment circle in and spray again. I cool the cakes in the pan for 5-15 minutes depending on the size of the cake and they pop right out.

KoryAK Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 6:02am
post #3 of 8

Yes parchment in the pan is a beautiful thing. Don't have to grease both sides, just the bottom.

JenniferMI Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 11:32am
post #4 of 8

You can use wax paper, too. No grease necessary at all!

Jen icon_smile.gif

HIPrincess Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I have my first cake in the oven trying this...I will let you know how it goes! Thanks again.

HIPrincess Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I have my first cake in the oven trying this...I will let you know how it goes! Thanks again.

HIPrincess Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 4:25pm
post #7 of 8

It worked so beautifully I wanted to cry (for joy this time)! THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL WHO ANSWERED IN MY HOUR OF DESPARATION!! You guys rock!

JenniferMI Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 8

Glad it worked whichever technique you used!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%