How Can I Resize My Photos

Decorating By Bohnlo Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 4:14am by Bohnlo

Bohnlo Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 4:33am
post #1 of 13

How can I resize my photos to upload, didn't have a problem previously, don't know it its the new camera or what, but my pictures are just a little over the 1.2 mb allowed. Does anyone know how to change this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

12 replies
ShortcakesSweets Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 5:40am
post #2 of 13

Go to www.shrinkpictures.com
Very simple site for resizing ~ it walks you through every step.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 6:00am
post #3 of 13

I use the same program as ShortcakesSweets. Don't know if that helps/matters.

lainalee Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 6:24am
post #4 of 13

This has been driving me crazy. Thanks for the info icon_confused.gif

Bohnlo Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 13

Thanks for the info, I have tried so many things and this sounds good. I really appreciate the quick responses.
Thanks

lainalee Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 13

Any tips on using this, I still can't get them to upload. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. icon_confused.gif

ShortcakesSweets Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 7:01pm
post #7 of 13

Go to www.shrinkpictures.com.
Click on Resize.
Scroll down and type in wherever your pictures are saved (mine is My pictures). Click Browse.
That brings up the files with all my pictures. Choose the one you want to upload and click on it. That takes you back to the resizing page. Choose the size you need and click resize. When it is done resizing it puts up a pic of it. Right click on that picture and click on Save As. On that box click on save and it will save it to the same file your original picture is in. Then you just upload it.
Hope this helps.

JennaK Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 13

For my pictures I bring up the one I want and right click on it. Then click edit. That brings me to another screen. In one of the top tabs there should be a place that says "stretch/scew". If you click on that one it takes you to a screen where you can change the percentage size of the pic. I usually do mine at 75% up and out.
I hope that all made sense. icon_confused.gif
Jen

lainalee Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 13

JennaK YOU ROCK! I tried all the other suggestions, thanks everyone, but I guess I am photo illeterit(sp). The instructions from JennaK finally did the trick, been trying to do this for months. thumbs_up.gif

JennaK Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:26pm
post #10 of 13

I'm glad that helped.
icon_lol.gif

KKC Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:57am
post #11 of 13

I use Photobucket.

Zeunasc Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 8:16pm
post #12 of 13

If you are using Windows, Microsoft offers a free tool that will resize one, some, or all of your images. You can find it here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

Once you download and install it, find the picture or pictures you want to resize, right click them (or highlight a bunch at one time and right click anywhere in the selection) and choose "Resize Pictures" You will get a few options that are self explanatory.

Z

Bohnlo Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 4:14am
post #13 of 13

Thanks everyone!! Now I can finally upload some of my pictures, they were always to large and I didn't know what to do. You guys are great. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%