Sand For Beach Theme

Decorating By mom2leelee Updated 12 Jul 2008 , 3:22am by mom2leelee

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:30am
post #1 of 9

I just wanted to share a great idea for sand on your beach theme cake. I made one today and "thought" I had grahm crackers. Well turns out I didn't but I did have sugar smacks cereal so I crushed them up and added a little brown and white sugar and it turned out great. It had a really good taste and texture. Just wanted to share. [/img]
LL

8 replies
hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:20am
post #2 of 9

As the old saying goes, necessity it the mother of invention....I never would have thought to use cereal. Your cake looks great and I bet it was gobbled up by the kids..( I am assuming vacation bible school by the lettering)

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:26am
post #3 of 9

As the old saying goes, necessity it the mother of invention....I never would have thought to use cereal. Your cake looks great and I bet it was gobbled up by the kids..( I am assuming vacation bible school by the lettering)

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:32am
post #4 of 9

Brown sugar also makes great sand!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:33am
post #5 of 9

love your cake..... love the idea of the sand.... so many things can be used.... thanks for sharing your idea....

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:39am
post #6 of 9

While on the subject, I noticed on a recent episode of Food Network Challenge that one of the contestants overbaked some cake crumbs and crumbled them really well. That was a new one for me but sounds interesting since we all usually have those left over. Thanks for the cereal idea b/c most of us always have that in the pantry.

mom2leelee Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #7 of 9

Your welcome for the idea and thanks for the compliments. It did go fast. The cake was the yellow variation of the WASC recipe.

I think the cereal worked so good for the sand because it had the different darker specks in it that sand usually has, plus it wasn't as sweet as all sugar.

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:54am
post #8 of 9

Cute ....I have to ask did your VBS theme happen to be "Outrigger Island"?

mom2leelee Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:22am
post #9 of 9

Yes it was. My mother and I taught the kids coming out of 1st and 2nd grade. It was tiring but really fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%