Wedding Cake Help Please

Decorating By Rainbow Updated 12 Jul 2008 , 1:23am by indydebi

Rainbow Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:44am
post #1 of 6

I am making this wedding cake next weekend. The layers are 10" round 4" high cake layer--4" round carnations layer--10" round 4" high cake layer. How would you support the layers? It will set on a glass cake stand. Help please.

Sue
LL

5 replies
aliciaL_77 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:54am
post #2 of 6

I am no pro but I imagine you can use a pillar set and just fill in with the carnations.

specialtdesserts Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:58am
post #3 of 6

I'm no expert--not by any means, but I would do the cake layers on double or even triple layer cakeboards above the styrofoam layer with the carnations and put dowels through all 3 layers.

I remember you talking about this cake awhile ago on another forum. I can't wait to see your finished product! I'm a big fan!

debster Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:01am
post #4 of 6

It kinda looks like the pillars cause it seems like the edge of the plate is sticking out of the cake a little. That would probably be the safest and sturdiest I would think. I'm no pro either though.

aligotmatt Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:10am
post #5 of 6

I'm making the same cake in October!

I'll be using the sps and alternating 12" and 10" cakes, the 10"cakes will be studded with carnations to get the flush look - if they were all 12"s they would sitck out and the bride wants them flush-ish.

indydebi Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:23am
post #6 of 6

The wilton hidden pillars or push in pillars ... then just fill in the space with the flowers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%