Help, Sos, Need Help Fast!!!

Decorating By msthang1224 Updated 12 Jul 2008 , 7:01am by kimmypooh79

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:28am
post #1 of 7

I just got a call to do a bridal shower cake for tomm @ 3pm (yeah I know last minute customers, lol)!

I'm almost all out of white fondant and to cover my wonder mold doll. I have some gumpaste that will make up for the rest of the fondant BUT, this might some stupid: IS GUMPASTE EDIBLE???

I know it's used for flowers but i never heard any talk about eating the creations made with it. PLEASE HELP, I want to do this tonight!!

TIA
Msthang1224

6 replies
charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:40am
post #2 of 7

I'm pretty sure it is edible but it will dry VERY hard! Not sure how it would work to cover a cake with it. Could you maybe do part of the dress with the fondant and make it look like it come up in the front with an opening (not sure if that makes sense or not lol) and ice the opening with buttercream? I hope that made sense. the picture in my mind did LOL

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:55am
post #3 of 7

It is edible but does not taste very good. IMO

Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:59am
post #4 of 7

Gum Paste decorations are edible but arnt usually eaten because they dry so hard. I agree with charlie...maybe you can make the the bottom of the dress in gumpaste and have it look like its flowing. hope you come up with something... would love to see pics of your creation.

~Shannon

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:01am
post #5 of 7

I would ice in BC and use fondant accents. Can you call the customer and change the design? Maybe run out and get the stuff to make MMF?

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:16am
post #6 of 7

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the quick responses. I'm going to do exactly what you sugggested (ice in buttercream) and go from there. Thanks again icon_smile.gif I haven't had any luck lately uploading any of my pictures to my gallery and it's been over a month now. I don't know why but it won't let me. I'll try again when I'm finished.

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 7:01am
post #7 of 7

In regards to the photos are you getting an error msg when you try to upload your pictures....I ask b/c I was having the same problem but I figured out what it was.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%