Buttercream Base? What Is It??

Decorating By kettlevalleygirl Updated 13 Jul 2008 , 1:42pm by kettlevalleygirl

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 4

I have bought, what the store calls a Buttercream base, and the instructions are to beat it until white, and then add in this block of white margerine (I just read the instructions, and didn't realize that it was margerine)(equal amounts), and then a bit of flavoring, and then they say 5 to 6 cups of icing sugar, or as suggested to me 4 to 5 cups, to make it less sweet.
The store buys these items in bulk and then divides it up, into 1lb/500 g blocks, and sells them like that.
I was wondering if anybody out there possibly Canadian, knows what this is and if there is a product like that sold by a wholesaler....
Thanks

3 replies
crislen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crislen Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:20am
post #2 of 4

I know which store you are talking about - and unfortunately I don't know what is in the base, but man, it makes a really great tasting icing that is so easy to work with! I think you can replace the white margarine with crisco as well.

I tried it once with good results, but it is a little pricey for me and the store isn't the easier to get to!

kbrown99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbrown99 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:50am
post #3 of 4

I'm thinking it is similar to the Brite White Icing Base I use. Mine is a white fudge icing base. Doesn't actually taste like chocolate or anything, but it definitely gives a better flavor. Also, I believe using it is the reason I didn't have nearly the problems others had with the Crisco change. )I've since moved on to Hi-ratio, but that's besides the point.) If I can get down to the basement tonight, I'll see if I can find out what's in it and let you know.

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 4

thanks, I didn't know that anybody had answered, because I didn't get an email....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%