Irisgabriela Or Anyone She Told How To Do This!!! Please!!!

Decorating By alracntna Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 6:06am by alracntna

alracntna Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 17

I need to know how to make the stork she did if anyone was able to get the directions from her. i tried to get them but i didn't hear from her. i need for a baby shower for tomorrow! i am desperate if anyone knows how to do this please let me know. TIA!!!
LL

16 replies
kimmypooh79 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 17

That cake it too cute...do you think maybe the stork is molded from rice krispy treats?

alracntna Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 17

i am not sure but i was thinking maybe getting some styrofoam balls for the body and head and then covering them in icing. i just am not sure. but i have to decide something before tomorrow. I'm a little stressed....just a little. lol

buttercream_dreams Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 17

i'm wondering what the legs are made of..they look plastic-y or something.

todolomio Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 17

Ok, I'm no expert but, if I were you this is what I would do:
Shape orange fondant in a cone shape for the beak (Do this first so it dries while you work on the body). If it's not harden by the time you are done put it in your oven with the light on overnight and it should be harder by morning.

2 styrofoam balls, I would make a cylinder the size of needed for the neck and use floral covered wired in a nice thick gauge to attach the one styrofoam ball on one end and the other styrofoam ball on the opposite end. when attaching the the Styrofoam for the body look closely to the picture since the neck is not attached in the middle of the ball if not closer to the edge. The head does not look like it was covered with anything but I would put a thin layer of fondant over it. Cut blue fondant in a triangle big enough to cover the ball. One it is on the head use to pieces of ribbon and pierce the fondant gently on the corners of the triangle to gently tie the hat together. I have no idea what the legs are made of but if you have a clay gun just put the orange fondant in the gun and use a cylinder shape pattern. And put them in place.

I'm not sure if this will help but if you have any questions email me I'll check back later.

Good luck!

Now for the body I would use a petal or leaf cutter and cut out many pieces of fondant so that is looks like feathers. And start covering the ball from the tail to the top part of the ball. (Feathers are layered and if you start from the neck down to the tail it's not going to look nice).

alracntna Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 10:29pm
post #6 of 17

you are awesome todolomio! i will try this and see what i get. i don't have a light in my oven do you have another suggestion to get the fondant hard in a hurry?

Michelle104 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 10:54pm
post #7 of 17

I love this cake! I may have to borrow this idea for an order that I just got! icon_razz.gif

Do you have any tylose powder? If so then you can add a little bit to your fondant and that helps it to dry much faster.

alracntna Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:05pm
post #8 of 17

i dont know what tylose powder is. where do you find that?

tiggy2 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:00am
post #9 of 17

Do you have gumtex or gunpaste? That can also be added to fondant to help it dry faster and harder.

alracntna Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:13am
post #10 of 17

how much gumpaste do i add? would it work with just gumpaste or do you suggest using the fondant?

staten93 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:23am
post #11 of 17

I have no experience with fondant, but I did read on the CC website someone suggested using a small fan to speed the drying time on a fondant figure. Hope it helps. Good Luck.
P.S. My momma was born in Bryan, Texas.

todolomio Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 7:06am
post #12 of 17

Oh so sorry I could not answer sooner I'm feeling under the weather and drank a night time cold medicine instead of the daytime medicine icon_rolleyes.gif slept like a baby!!!
Anyway, yes gum-tex (you can find it anywhere Wilton products are sold) helps harden the fondant a lot quicker (just don't add to much) I actually had to do a last minute cake once and I used marzipan paste found in supermarkets in the baker's isle. Actually it was great, very smooth looking like fondant but with more texture. They dried in time but, a little expensive.

Good luck! send a picture

bye,

thumbs_up.gif

tiggy2 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:28am
post #13 of 17

You can do 50/50 gumpaste & fondant.

alracntna Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 4:22am
post #14 of 17

thank you to everyone who helped me. for some reason i can not post any pics in my photos so i will just put it here so everyone can see the end result. thanks again.
LL

alracntna Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 4:33am
post #15 of 17

sorry i dont know why the pic is doing this but you can see the pic on my web page at www.myspace.com/carlascakecreation

Charmaine49 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:06am
post #16 of 17

Hi there alracntna,

Went to your site, but can't seem to see the stork that you made.
Please help out, would love to see the end product, looks interesting.

alracntna Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 6:06am
post #17 of 17

sorry i forgot the s it is www.myspace.com/carlascakecreations

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%