What A Rip Off!!!!

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm by ashcake

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 30

I just got back from Walmart were due to an uncontrolable pregnancy craving I bought a Black Forest cake. Can you say gross and a complete waste of money? I am so dissapointed in myself for paying 9$ for this nasty cake.
First of all its made with butter cream, I was expecting whipped cream, and its not even torted so there are no cherries in the middle, just a few (5 I counted) on top.
The cake actually tastes old, the way cake tastes if you leave it on the counter for a good 2 weeks and it gets kinda funky.
I am so mad, I have been wanting Black Forest cake for about a week now but I did'nt want to make it myself.
Can I return cake to Walmart that has a piece missing?
I actually have the piece I cut out I only took one bite.
Does'nt Walmart know not to come between a pregnant women and her cake?

Just to add I'm really not a cake snob, I buy the slices of cake from the grocery store all the time and eat them on the way home, that way my husband does'nt give me a hard time (I'm a closet cake eater icon_redface.gif ). But this is the worst cake I have ever had.

29 replies
HBcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBcakes Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 30

totally hear ya on the cravings, and then getting disappointed icon_cry.gif I'd say it's worth taking back and letting someone hear about it. I shop at WalMart all the time too, but somethings just infuriate me about their customer service and some of the food.

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 30

UGH!!!!! That stinks. There's almost nothing worse than being pregnant and having a craving that is inadequately satisfied....or in this case just teased and not satisfied at all.

I would take the cake back. I do not shop at Wal-Mart, so I don't know how they are about customer relations/returns/complaints, but I'd certainly go in there with the cake that's left and tell them it's awful and let them taste it. Hopefully they'll return your money. $9 could go towards a cake at a higher end place or towards ingredients if you decide to bite the bullet and make yourself a cake you know'll tast good. icon_smile.gif

sharlene_marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharlene_marie Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 30

I have never purchased one of these Black Forest Cakes from Walmart, however I personally would call the store and complain... I'm sure they will at least give you back your money... Sometimes it's just better off if you make it yourself, know it kinda sucks being as your pregnant and stumble across cravings when your in a store or just watching tv...

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 30

You should be able to take it back with no problems other than you are without your craving cure. I sure hate that it happened to you...it is infuriating enough to get a bad anything but multiplied when it's a craving...and that multiplied when it's a pregnancy craving...'cause that just fuels uncontrollable emotions.

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:59pm
post #6 of 30

I know how it is having being pregnant and having a craving and the food not being good. I am having that quite often right now. I would try to take it back to wal-mart or at least call. I would probably have to call because all smells bother me right now.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:03pm
post #7 of 30

Yes you can totally return that thang! Just tell customer service that you were unhappy with the quality and they shouldnt give you a second look.

But... you could take your $9, buy a pint of whipping cream, a box mix of chocolate cake and a nice jar of pitted black cherries. Add sour cream and lots of cocoa powder to your box mix, bake and cut into cubes. Make a black forest triffle in a pretty glass bowl by layering the cake, whipped cream and cherries. Then invite a friend or two over and have a more homemade treat without a lot of fuss! icon_lol.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm
post #8 of 30

You can definately take it back and they will give you a refund, my mom said her BF bought a watermelon last week that tasted awful he took it back and got his 6 bucks back, Im thinking wow 6 bucks, you know depending on how far you live from wal mart it may be cheaper just to keep the cake, considering the price of gas. BTW i once got a black forest cake from walmart and if i remember right it was terrible too thumbsdown.gif Sorry about your craving getting wrecked!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm
post #9 of 30

I once saw Walmart refund a man his money on a bag that once had fried chicken in it, but it was all gone...he said it was bad (but they sure had eaten it) but he got the money anyway!

Take it back, if it was bad, you shouldn't have to pay for that. Their return policy is very good. Take your receipt though.

Sweettooth1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweettooth1120 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm
post #10 of 30

Take it back. I seriously dont think they are stupid enough to argue with a angry pregnant woman. icon_biggrin.gif

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:05pm
post #11 of 30

Take it back. I know about those pregnancy cravings. My oldest child is made out of chinese food and chocolate ( I worked at a chinese restaurant when I was pregnant with him just to get free chinese food everyday). And my second son is made out of mexican food and cereal. Let's just say I am now lactose intolorant after giving birth to the second one. With my first I cried at McDonalds when they gave me the cheap chicken sandwich, instead of the good crispy chicken sandwich. I literally sat in the parking lot and balled icon_cry.gif .

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:19pm
post #12 of 30

LMBO. My youngest is about 50% Taco Bell. I don't even eat Taco Bell, but I had to have it almost daily. I wanted it to be open in the morning so that I could have Nachos bell grande for breakfast. icon_biggrin.gif I have no doubt that Walmart will take it back. Sorry for the disappointment. I do know how that is, too.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:20pm
post #13 of 30

If you still have the piece you cut I would stick it back in the cake container and take it back and show them you only tasted it ! If not I would take the rest of the cake back anyway ! To me it would be worth the gas even if I ended up spending more overall You have to make a point that they have crap stale cakes for sale ! I would soooo take that back !

CakeMommyTX Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:36pm
post #14 of 30

As soon as the boys wake up from nap I'm going to drag my butt up there and get my money back, I can use the 9$ to go and get myself some Taco Bell (thanks to yelle66 I have to have some now, I only wish they still made Frito Burritos icon_lol.gif ).
I was never this emotional when I was preggers with the boys, maybe b/c itâs a girl? icon_confused.gif
When I tasted the cake I didnât know whether to cry or throw it across the room.
I cried the other day over spilled milk, I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled milk but I did. I also yelled at the gas pump yesterday because it said I had to go inside and pay. So being the completely sound and rational person I am I proceeded to tell the gas pump I canât go inside because I had all 3 kids with me and I wasnât about to get them all out of the car, and I can't leave them in the car when its 100 degrees outside icon_cry.gif . Needless to say the pump did not respond, but I did get some crazy looks from the other customers.
Iâm losing my mind due to lack of cake!
This is also my first weekend with out a single cake order since last Sept. So on top of being crazy Iâm bored as well, and I still want cake, and Taco Bell, maybe with a side of Therapy.

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:47pm
post #15 of 30

I say TAKE IT BACK, if they don't want to take it back, then I would probably come close to jumping over the counter and forcing them to take it back. I'm sure they will take it back, but if not, let your little children "hand-deliver" the cake back to the bakery -by way of every department in the store. Let Walmart have their cake... and clean it too!

lane52403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lane52403 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:59pm
post #16 of 30

Take that cake back right now!!!! Make sure you have your receipt. I know they only allow you a very few returns a year w/o one. My sister got 7...literally 7 griddles for her bridal shower because the Walmart cashiers never took them off her registry when they were bought. Needless to say, when she tried to return them all, they told her she was only allowed I think two returns a year without a receipt. She just raised her voice a little and ended up getting the money back, proceeded to Kmart and shopped there. So, the moral of the story is, when you don't get what you want, just start yelling in a public place. It seemed to work for my sister. Then again, she may have gotten the advice from one of my kids. icon_wink.gif

MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:08pm
post #17 of 30

Ha, ha, ha.....my 14 month old son is part McDonald's cheeseburger happy meal - with a rootbeer! My daughter who is due next month is going to come out as a hot fudge sundae!

Oh, and I would take the cake back - partially eaten or otherwise.

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:12pm
post #18 of 30

when i was pregnant with my son i would drop our daughter off at school and stop at walmart and buy the 99 cent cheapo pizzas and go home and bake it...AT 8:30 IN THE MORNING.

oh the goofy things we do when we are pregnant.

with my daughter i lived on jelly beans

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:18pm
post #19 of 30

HA! Gotta love the Taco Bell info ... when I was pregnant with my daughter I got a taco supreme value meal every day for lunch with 2 packs of HOT sauce on each taco. I hated the weekends, as I wasn't in town for work where my fix was readily available. I had to supplement that pain with Peanutbutter Chocolate chip ice cream. I didn't really have cravings with my son, but still gained a ton!

Good luck with taking it back - you shouldn't have a problem. I remember when I was in High School I worked at K-Mart. I actually had someone try to return used underwear -- quite worn out/discolored and grown out of, but they saved the original packaging. I'm like "You're kidding, right? Let me get my manager." You got it ... they took it back! (Thanks to these types people, we're all paying more for what we buy and keep).

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:30pm
post #20 of 30

I craved McDonald's salt packets... my BIL and sister dropped in one day and cleaned out every salt packet that was at the counter! ... best gift in the world... May explain why I nearly died of heart failure after giving birth, hmmm... No other salt would do -just McD's. I even craved Tide -so bad I almost ate some! If someone had come between me and my salt/tide, I would have force fed them my fist!!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 7:26pm
post #21 of 30

I lived on twinkies and plums!! Just couldnt get enough !!!

CakeMommyTX Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 8:14pm
post #22 of 30

Ok so I just got back from Walmart, the lady at customer service tried to get me to exchange the cake for another!!!!
Like I really wanted to trade one nasty cake for another, she even suggested I try the carrot cake instead!
And then they tried to issue me a gift card opposed to cash, I had my reciept so I had to argue a little to get my money back but I got it.
But then I waddled over to the frozen foods and grabbed me a Hungry Man so it all worked out in the end.

sharlene_marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharlene_marie Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 10:01pm
post #23 of 30

I'm glad they listened to your rants and raves... I would of refused to purchase another cake from their bakery as well...

My daughter was a reese cup baby, pretty bad when u go through a pack of the snack size reese cups, normal size within 2 days... I'm suprised I never got sick from eating so much chocolate...

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 10:13pm
post #24 of 30

My oldest child swims well because I ate fish... morning noon and night icon_smile.gif

Ughh ..

anywho glad it all came out well... My dd threw a fit in Wally world not to long ago for some cupcakes... once I got home I got one out and put it on the bar for her on a napkin... grabbed a bag and the thing went flying and BOUNCED across the floor and the icing didn't even dent!! EWWW not only that when I felt this thing I noticed the bottom of the wrapper had a tint to it icon_confused.gif ... broke it open and there was mold GRRRRRRRRR.... So NEVER ever again will I buy bakery products from OUR Walmart.

My sister swears by the chocolate cake with choclate icing from Costco though icon_rolleyes.gif (try costco for another craving LOL if ya have to LOL)

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 11:33am
post #25 of 30

I ate so much chocolate with my first one I had to be tested for diabetes! That's how high my blood sugar was.

I bought one of the giant subs from wal-mart once, They are only like $5 and you can eat off of them for a few days, well I got to the last slice and noticed the cheese was all moldy! I wanted to puke. I can't stand mold and I'm very OCD about experation dates. How gross, no wonder it was such a good deal.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:03pm
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourstrulytx

The cake actually tastes old, the way cake tastes if you leave it on the counter for a good 2 weeks and it gets kinda funky.

I made a cake wrong one day and just put it in my 'frig ... I was going to give it to my neighbor, but just forgot about it. 2-3 weeks later, I'm thinking I better get that cake out of there! icon_redface.gif For the heck of it, I decided to taste it to see what a 2-3 week old cake tastes like.

My reaction? "This tastes like a grocery store cake!"

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 4:50pm
post #27 of 30

Glad you were able to return it. My oldest son is mostly pizza and vanilla icecream... maybe that's why he loves icecream. My youngest I didn't really want much food just snacked....maybe that's why he's picky!

LOL

Judi

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 6:32pm
post #28 of 30

Ha..Ha...I know how fragile pregnancy cravings can be..I ate anything sweet under the sun with my son and now he is NOT a sweet eater!!! I craved smoked oysters with my daughter..I can't stomach them now but then....Mmmm.She is the seet eater....But I have cried in parking lots before too when my order was wrong or missing...and I too dumped a whole bowl of Macaroni salad all over the kitchen floor when I rolled it out of the fridge!! My hubby laughed..I cried!!!

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:04am
post #29 of 30

They will take it back. Just take your recipt. We bought some donuts from the deli and they were so stale it wasn't even funny and 'according' to the date they had a week left!! They took them back with no problem.

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm
post #30 of 30

I've been wanting a chicken sandwhich for 2 weeks. We finally buy some at the store Friday night. I told my husband we were having the Sunday night for supper. Well when he finally gets up from his nap he's in a bad mood and won't cook them (I can't because I have a cast on my foot right now). I was so mad I was crying. Then we go to McDonalds to eat, started crying cause I didn't want to eat there. Then get to my MIL (I'm staying with her right now cause my DH works 2nd and we have a 2 yr old.) Well I had ordered a side salad...open it up put my dressing in it. There's ice chips all over it. Try to mix it up and the lettuce is froze together. I wanted to sit there and cry and yell at my DH for not fixing what I wanted to begin with, but I was at my MIL's and didn't want to cause a scene. And all he would say was I couldn't have told you how they fixed them. UGH!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%