Cake For Art Gallery Party... Need Ideas!

Decorating By pam29 Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 7:59pm by pam29

pam29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pam29 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 6

A friend of mine owns an art gallery and she asked me to make a cake for her 1 year anniversary party. She didn't give me any design ideas, but her colors are black, red and gold. The gallery has an uptown, city feel to it. The cake needs to feed around 100-150 or so. My mind is spinning with this one, an art gallery!... the designs are endless! I am excited about making this cake, I think it's going be fun, but I'm really new at this so I would love any design and flavor ideas from some other CCers. Thanks!

5 replies
sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:30am
post #2 of 6

You could do a topsey turvey cake in those colors. Make it basic and bold. There is a great article on here on how to make one. I'm going to try it in a couple weeks for a birthday cake. Good luck. I would love to see a picture when you're done.

pam29 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the idea. I looked up the instructions on the topsey turvey cake, but I don't have all the size pans needed and I don't have the $$ to go by them right now for one cake icon_sad.gif But I would love to try one sometime. Thanks again for the suggestion.

pinktink368 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinktink368 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:03am
post #4 of 6

what about doing fondant painted with a certin art style like cubism or something similar. look online for different art styles or inatate a famous painting and make the cake board the theme colors.

hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 6

what about doing a mosaic.
What about a tiered all white with black fondant and red fondant accents, circle and diamonds or retro circles.
What about all black and white tiered with blood red roses on top.Simple yet very dramatic.
GOOD LUCK! HOPE YOUR "CRITIQUE" IS GOOD!

pam29 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:59pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the great ideas! This gives me more to work with. I've been playing with some ideas, the name of the place is "Enchante" (french) what about a Moulin Rouge type theme?? Yes/No??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%