Can I Mix 2 Cake Flavors In One Pan?

Decorating By Melan Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 7:53pm by darandon

Melan Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make an 11x15 sheet cake, but half chocolate/half white. Can I put the 2 batters in the same pan at the same time? And let them meet in the middle? Or do I need to bake 2 seperate cakes?

4 replies
missmeg Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 5

Absolutely! You'll probably need someone to help you pour the two batters at the same time, and just swirl them together with a knife to get a small marble effect where they meet.

Works like a charm.

veejaytx Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 5

I find it easier to make two cakes and put them together, especially with the larger cakes.

Two different flavors usually don't bake exactly the same, so having them separate eliminates that problem.

jammjenks Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 5

I do this all the time. Just make a bowl of each batter, grease/spray your pan, and pour both in at the same time. I don't swirl mine as missmeg does, but it sure sounds like a delicious idea!

darandon Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 5

I"ve done two flavors in one pan before. I just have someone help me pour in one flavor on one side of the pan, while I"m pouring on the other side. They both sort of meet in the middle and stick together. I bake a little longer and a lower temp so they bake evenly as possible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%