...attach My Choc Cov. Strawberries To My Cake?

Decorating By tomatoqeen Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 2:22pm by tomatoqeen

tomatoqeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomatoqeen Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 4

I made a 12" square 2-layer cake torted and filled with Cookies N Cream and Chocolate Fudge covered in Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing. I am going to be doing a chocolate drizzle on the edges. As the icing is crusting, I am not sure how to "attach" my strawberries to the cake. Do they just rest there or should I use some BC or chocolate to "adhere" them to the cake? I will be transporting the cake about 15 minutes from my home. Should I wait to place the strawberries when I get there? I would like to have a "pile" of strawberries on top for presentation purposes...I think it looks GREAT!!

Thanks for all your help!

3 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 4

I would wait until you get there to put the strawberries on and just bring a bag with some extra icing to use as some glue to stick them on. icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 4

If it will be convenient to set up--I mean if you are delivering to an office building for a retirement party then you often never see the party room or whatever--but if you can have a minute of time to set up it's easier to stack 'em all up on site of course. Prolly hafta make two trips unless you package cleverly so you can set strawberries on top of closed cake box.

But you could glue them together with chocolate too.

I mean I like to just set them on so folks can easily pick them off.

But if it's a wedding yeah for sure do it on site.

tomatoqeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomatoqeen Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:22pm
post #4 of 4

It's just for my DH's birthday party tonight...not a major function like a wedding! I think I will place the strawberries on when I get there, that way I can place them on top and they will be easier to remove for the guests. Thanks k8mephis and awolf24 for your quick responses!!

I love this site!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%