Royal Blue Coloring

Decorating By PaulaT Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 3:41pm by -K8memphis

PaulaT Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 2

Hi
Ok so I'm making 2 - 11x15 sheet cakes for a graduation order. I'm icing them in white with Royal Blue borders and writing. I tried coloring one batch of icing last night so it could sit overnight and used 1 whole jar of Wilton Paste color. Anyway, long story short the icing still isn't dark enough. How on earth do you all get the color to look like Royal Blue? Help - please. I'm icing the cakes tonight for delivery tomorrow morning.

1 reply
-K8memphis Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 2

I mean it depends on your quantities. Sometimes you need a boatload of color. You can add a tad of black to take the color down better--but I recommend making black icing and adding small amounts of black icing so you can see how it affects things.

I also recommend using a small amount of white and add the blue color until you get close to the desired shade you want--of course the color still moves deeper afterwards--but you just get it into the right neighborhood and it will happen.

That way you get the concept of how much quantity of color is required to tint how much quantity of icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%