Ack! My Son Asked For Fenway Park For His Birthday!

Decorating By disneynutbsv Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 10:00pm by disneynutbsv

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:16pm
post #1 of 8

I know he said he wanted it Red Sox themed, but I thought maybe a Jersey or something like that...then he said he wanted Fenway......I just don't know if I could do it.....

Has anyone here done it and if so, could you share your technique? He wants the Green Monster in there too.....

7 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:28pm
post #2 of 8

I'm a Yankee fan, but I will help you all I can.

The Green Monster, huh?

Did you record Ace of Cakes first season?

He and Goef did Wrigley. The concept would be the same, just the exterior, light positions, and the GM would be different. In fact, the GM would probably be the easiest part of the whole thing.

Maybe someone here has it on DVD, and can PM you some details on the construction.

Can anybody out there help this member?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 8

There is actually a cake pan you can buy that is a bbaseball field, you could then tweak into to personalize it.

http://www.nextag.com/stadium-cake-pan/search-html

disneynutbsv Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski

There is actually a cake pan you can buy that is a bbaseball field, you could then tweak into to personalize it.

http://www.nextag.com/stadium-cake-pan/search-html

Thanks I actually have that one (clearance for $4!), but its like a football stadium, not like a baseball stadium....

OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 8

If you go to the galleries and do a search for "Fenway Park", you will see that there are 7 or 8 different ones that others have made. Maybe you could PM them for help.

Go Red Sox!

disneynutbsv Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:52pm
post #6 of 8

Yes, just did that, thanks! I see one was made with rice krispy treats

allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 8

I'm a Yankee fan too, but if I can do Yankee Stadium, you can do Fenway. Just google it and print off a couple of photos to refer to. Try to get an aerial (sp?) view, then some of the inside. Bake a couple of sheets/squares, stack, crumb coat and trim away! It's actually a lot of fun. Mine wasn't great, but I used an aerial view to get the overall shape as close as possible to the actual stadium. My fiance loved it. It's in my pics.
HTH

disneynutbsv Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 10:00pm
post #8 of 8

I got some great ideas today (thanks!), I'll give it a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%