Help Beginner Mixing Colors!!!!! Fuschia??? Bright Pink?

Decorating By Xime Updated 13 Jul 2008 , 4:33am by gateaux

Xime Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everybody!
I am a beginner cake decorator...really only do them for friends or family, and now I am planning my daughter's 3rd birthday cake...
It's gonna be a Dora the Explorer cake and I really have no clue as to how to mix a bright pink color for my fondant... I know how to do pastel pink, but just adding more red is not going to do it! ANyone can help me out???? icon_cry.gif Thank you so much!!!

4 replies
KathyAM Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:56am
post #2 of 5

You need to buy neon pink food coloring and use a lot of it. Try your local cake decorating store.

LittleLinda Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:17am
post #3 of 5

I use red to make my pinks. I've done Dora several times and never thought twice about what type of pink it is.

_angel_1974 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 4:24am
post #4 of 5

I love using Wilton's Christmas Red icing color for bright pink. The name of the color is deceiving. You won't get a red color with it!

gateaux Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 4:33am
post #5 of 5

Are you going to make your fondant? If you are going to make MMF you could start with pink marshmallows and then you are 1/2 way there.
Pink marshmallows gives you a nice pink. You can add a bit of brown and you will get a nice tone for Dora's face as well.
I also made MMF from chocolate marshmallows and added just 1/4 cup of cocoa and it was almost black. Only needed to add a few squirts of black for a whole cup worth of black.

Good Luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%