2 Question's Please Help

Decorating By YouTakeTheCake Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 6:37pm by wgoat5

YouTakeTheCake Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 2

1- I need to make a cake of Skull Rock (from Peter Pan / Disneyland in the 1960's) I will need to make the rock formation part of the cake out of rice crispy treats....I get the concept of using the rice crispy treats however I have never done it.....so what I need to know, is their a special rescipe for making the rice crispy treats so they get good and stiff for carving.......

2- Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to make the water falls for this cake......I would really like to try to make them as life like as possible....I thought of sugar but I have never worked with it before?

I have added a picture of Skull Rock so you can all see what I am talking about!......Thank god I won't have to drive anywhere with this cake!!!!! icon_surprised.gif

Thank you
Jackie
LL

1 reply
wgoat5 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 2

Well I use RKT all the time... and I want my RKT to taste good... so I make them (AND have NO trouble forming them) with the reg. recipe... with your skull rock I would form the RKT's into a skull then take RI colored gray....and cover it with that...making it look like rock.. don't cover perfectly.. so you get that rock look... and do some shading with a paint brush or airbrush icon_smile.gif

HTH's

As for the waterfall.. you could do a base icing (just for the waterfall) in a blue white mix.. on top of the lay on the piping gel.. making it look 2 dimensional icon_smile.gif RI tumbles of water at the bottom or bc icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%