What's The Best Raspberry Filling For Wasc?

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 11:43am by aswartzw

cherrycakes Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 5

This will be my first attempt at making a WASC cake. I am not a huge fan of almond flavouring so will I like this? I am also wondering what's the best raspberry filling for this cake? Will it need to be refrigerated?

4 replies
aswartzw Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 5

You can change the flavorings anyway you like. You can use all vanilla instead or 1 1/2 t. vanilla and 1/2 t. almond or better yet substitute the almond with raspberry. People like this cake mostly because of the texture, moistness, and firmness.

One idea for a filling (I made this last night with strawberries and it's delicious)...

8-oz. mascarpone cheese, chilled (or I'm sure cream cheese will work)
1/4 c. sugar
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 c. frozen strawberries, thawed and drained

Blend in food processor. You will definitely need a dam with this though.

missmeg Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 5

My fave raspberry filling is so incredibly easy to make; I found it here:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2503-Raspberry-Filling.html

cherrycakes Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the replys! I was thinking about trying the recipe you suggested, missmeg! One more question: is this a good cake for fondant? How much batter does the WASC recipe make? I'm in Course 4 right now and am using it as an excuse to try new cake recipes!

aswartzw Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:43am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charisse8355

Thanks for the replys! I was thinking about trying the recipe you suggested, missmeg! One more question: is this a good cake for fondant? How much batter does the WASC recipe make? I'm in Course 4 right now and am using it as an excuse to try new cake recipes!

It's definitely a great cake for fondant. Also for carving.

My experience is unless the cake is crumbly and falling apart it will hold any basic fondant coverings and minimal decorations.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%