Made Black Buttercream But It Tastes Awefull..pls Help!

Decorating By Bluesea Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 5:11pm by jennym0904

Bluesea Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 4

I've a cake due on Friday night. I just made 2 cups of black bt using Americolor Super Black. I started off with brown color first and than added black. It didn't turn completely black just dark grey but i understand from this forum that if you leave it overnite, it will turn black. Just tasted and it is awfull. Furthermore, my tongue turned black. Why is this so? Don't want customer to complain.

Please help. It is now 1am and i am going to bed.

Hope to get some good advise.

Thank you.

3 replies
tiggy2 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 4

If you add too much coloring it will taste bad. Start off with chocolate icing then add black and it shouldn't take so much. Next time try chefmaster liqua gel color. It's concentrated and takes very little to immediately get red or black. As far as turning your tounge black, I think any brand of color will do that.

tyty Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 4

If you start with chocolate bc, you won't have to add as much black color. If you just need a little you could just buy black icing in a tube.

jennym0904 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 4

I agree with the others- use the chocolate frosting and then add black. I would let the customer know in case there are any issues with using chocolate. Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%