Question For Cake Boss Users

Business By venefica Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 11:04pm by sweettoothmom

venefica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venefica Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 6

I just bought CakeBoss yesterday and am trying to load all of my info into it. It is going to be a long process but I defintley see the advantages to doing this excersise. I need suggestions though on what dollar amount per hour I should have figured in. I need opinnions... and I know CC ers are full of them. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 6

I think it depends on what you want to make. I try to at least make $10/hr. I'm sure I'm on the low end, but I'm not doing wedding cakes either.

You can figure out what you have been getting if you take your profit from an order and divide by the number of hours you worked on that order. Do it for a few orders and get yourself an average.

athompson0525 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
athompson0525 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 6

Since I'm just getting started I used Minimum wage as my base and rounded up to the nearest dollar.

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 6

Venefica<
Does Cake boss price the cake for you, after you enter in all the variables and costs of ingredients labor etc? How does this program work?

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 3:59am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettoothmom

Venefica<
Does Cake boss price the cake for you, after you enter in all the variables and costs of ingredients labor etc? How does this program work?

You are welcome to watch a Video Tour of CakeBoss for an overview of the program, or the How-To Videos, which are aimed at new users of the program, but go much further into depth than the video tour, particularly the video called "How to use the Pricing Calculator". thumbs_up.gif

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 6

thank you for the input I will go through the tour

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%