Hit An All New Decorator Low!!! I Need A 12 Step Program

Decorating By nmrunyon Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 6:16pm by ShortcakesSweets

nmrunyon Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 12

I really think I need help. I am always looking for different mediums to use for decorating. This morning I think I hit an all time low. While "sitting" in the bathroom I start to notice the very interesting pattern on the toilet paper and I really and truly started wondering if I could use it as a stencil for a cake. I need mental help.

Now go take a gander at your TP....I know you will lol icon_lol.gif

11 replies
Tweedie Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 12

Hee hee, that's funny! I saw the other day someone posted a picture with the very same idea...the pattern on her toilet paper. It was a pretty cake...you should try it out!

pugmama1 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 12

This doesn't compare to the inspirational TP but I was in the fabric store the other day and bought a piece of fabric just for the cake potential. Beautiful swirly graphics. My mind went crazy and I had to spend the $5!

Tweedie Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 12

I have thought the same thing with fabrics. My mom and I actually did a Mother's Day cake based on my daughter's bedding. It turned out really well!

TexasTam Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:24pm
post #5 of 12

My name is Tammy and I am addicted to cake decorating....LOL

I can totally relate. I was in the dollar store the other day and picked up a glass that had hibiscus imprints on it and going to use it as a imprint on my next cake. My husband thinks I am insane...LOL.

Don't forget to tell us how the TP works!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 12

tee hee

Every time I go to The Home Depot (and almost any store, for that matter), I constantly look around to see if there's anything I can use for cake decorating! This is getting bad. icon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gif

arosstx Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:42pm
post #7 of 12

I feel your pain girlfriend!

If my family (or anyone that knows me for that matter) hears me say "that would look great on/as a cake" I think they'll disown me! Everywhere we go, I see some pattern or color in something, and it just comes out!

tonimarie Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 12

Hi my name is Toni and I'm also addicted to cake decorating!

I think all us cake decorators have the same "gene" that makes us look at everything as a possible cake "tool" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

butterflywings Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:36pm
post #9 of 12

HA! I'm in the club, too! We were in the mall the other day, and I stopped to look at the shoes in the window of this one store. My hubby comes over, sees the look on my face and says, "You're thinking about how to make that out of that gumpaste stuff and put it on a cake, aren't you?" I SO WAS!

cakedout Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:26pm
post #10 of 12

LOL... icon_lol.gif butterflywings- the same thing happened to me once! I don't even remember what I had stopped to scrutinize, but the words that came out of my daughter's mouth were almost verbatim! icon_lol.gif

I don't MEAN to always see cake patterns...it just kinda happens! icon_rolleyes.gif
In church I notice the woman's dress in front of me, at a restuarant I'll notice a silverware pattern, while driving I'll notice a house porch with intricate victorian woodwork and wonder how I could make that into a border, cards always grab my attention, not only the TP but the latest paper towel pattern with hearts all over it, my mom's silver bracelet would make a cool fondant border, any flower I see is immediately deciphered into gumpaste pieces and petal dusts, a cute figurine and I'm thinking of it in 3D cake......on and on....

and the sad thing is....I don't really DO cakes much anymore!!
Once that sugar gets into your blood, I think your always and addict! icon_wink.gif

the cake whole Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:49pm
post #11 of 12

Hi my name is Anna and I am addicted to cake decorating. Over the past few months I eat, sleep, and breath cakes. I will openly admit that I spend so much time on this forum that my DH has asked if I would like it as my home page! Facebook has NOTHING on this forum!!! LOL!
I look forward to every evening when I put my DS to bed, I get out my big cake toolbox and start modeling things from gumpaste and fondant!
I test out different recipes on friends and it has got to the point that they are all on diets and avoiding me.
I swear the local Michaels store and Bulk Barn think I am some kind of weirdo, as I crusie up and down the aisles talking to myself and from time to time spout out....."hey that will work!"

I NEED MEDICAL HELP, or a good 12 step program!!

ShortcakesSweets Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:16pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrunyon

I really think I need help. I am always looking for different mediums to use for decorating. This morning I think I hit an all time low. While "sitting" in the bathroom I start to notice the very interesting pattern on the toilet paper and I really and truly started wondering if I could use it as a stencil for a cake. I need mental help.

Now go take a gander at your TP....I know you will lol icon_lol.gif

I wasn't going to tell anyone, but I have so done the exact same thing.
One Sunday in Church I noticed the scrollwork pattern on the comunion table in front and I couldn't get my mind off how could I work that into a cake!! (I was listening to the sermon at the same time, though icon_biggrin.gif )

At least we're putting out thoughts to constructive and important things.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%