Help With Mini Cupcakes

Decorating By kutabby Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 2:45pm by auntsteff

kutabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutabby Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 5

I'm wanting to do some cupcakes in my mini-muffin pan. Is this possible? I'm kind having my "coming out" as a caker next week icon_smile.gif Still not getting paid, but my cousin is trying to introduce my stuff to her circle of friends (all busy moms at a nice private school).
I'm very nervous and doing lots of little things so that everyone will try everything. So, I want to do bite-size cupcakes so that they can get a good sampling of different cakes and icings. I'm also doing petit fours, cake balls and cookies (w/ royal icing and fondant).
My questions are: Do I bother w/ paper liners? How much do I fill the pan - does it differ w/ each recipe?
Thanks!
Tabby

4 replies
gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 5

of course you can do it.
personally i would do liners, not necessary but i like it cuz it's more sanitary, although with adults who aren't grabbing and touching them all it should be fine without.

as far as filling them... it depends how high you want them to be. if you want them domed, fill them 3/4 or 2/3 full. if you want them flat, fill them a little less.

good luck!

chele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chele Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 5

I love mini cupcakes!!!!! i always use the liners for them. I ususally use a cookie scoop. it's like a mini ice cream scooper and i fill them 3/4 of the way... they are the cutest litte things... everyone loves them.

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 5

I'm so glad to see your doing mini cupcakes! They're my absolute Fav. I make them a lot. I always use liners, you can get some pretty cute ones now. I fill just a little less than 3/4 because I like the presentation of a more just slightly rounded cake. I also tend to add a little more of baking powder to my batter to get a fluffier moist cake that melts in your mouth. icon_smile.gif especially since they're gone in one or two bites icon_lol.gif

auntsteff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsteff Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 5

I use a melon baller scoop and it works great, just another idea for you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%