Need Cake Suggestions For Traveling Theme

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 4:31pm by crystalina1977

ShortcakesSweets Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:43am
post #1 of 5

OK, here's the thing:
The ladies group at our Church holds monthly meetings called "Sweet Monday." I have been asked to provide the cake. Here's what the flyer says:
Theme for the Evening: "Travelling Light" by Max Lucado.
Bring a favorite photo or souvenir from a vacation that you have taken.
Tossed Salad/Taco Salad Supper.

My head is spinning in a lot of different directions right now, and I need some help in guiding me to a final decision on this cake. I know there are some wonderful, creative minds out there that I need to be channeling right now.

Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Chef_Stef Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:00am
post #2 of 5

This may not be it, but I did a cake for a couple going on their honeymoon that was a white square cake, and I piped yellow borders and then in red I drew all the lines of our local road map for the general area around our city, with major names of towns etc, a little run sugar car and a sign that said 'Montana or bust'...They loved it.

kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:21am
post #3 of 5

I was just remembering a cake I saw on Ace of Cakes. They made postcards from different places (out of gumpaste I think). And if you wanted you could combine the map idea with the postcard idea. A map with little postcard signs sticking up out of the cake to mark the states or cities. Maybe Rt. 66.

ShortcakesSweets Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:23am
post #4 of 5

Great ideas. That would be so cool. Thanks for those ideas. I'm lovin' it, lovin' it.

crystalina1977 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 5

maybe a suitcase cake would be nice

Quote by @%username% on %date%