Need Cake Suggestions For Traveling Theme

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 4:31pm by crystalina1977

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:43am
post #1 of 5

OK, here's the thing:
The ladies group at our Church holds monthly meetings called "Sweet Monday." I have been asked to provide the cake. Here's what the flyer says:
Theme for the Evening: "Travelling Light" by Max Lucado.
Bring a favorite photo or souvenir from a vacation that you have taken.
Tossed Salad/Taco Salad Supper.

My head is spinning in a lot of different directions right now, and I need some help in guiding me to a final decision on this cake. I know there are some wonderful, creative minds out there that I need to be channeling right now.

Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:00am
post #2 of 5

This may not be it, but I did a cake for a couple going on their honeymoon that was a white square cake, and I piped yellow borders and then in red I drew all the lines of our local road map for the general area around our city, with major names of towns etc, a little run sugar car and a sign that said 'Montana or bust'...They loved it.

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:21am
post #3 of 5

I was just remembering a cake I saw on Ace of Cakes. They made postcards from different places (out of gumpaste I think). And if you wanted you could combine the map idea with the postcard idea. A map with little postcard signs sticking up out of the cake to mark the states or cities. Maybe Rt. 66.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:23am
post #4 of 5

Great ideas. That would be so cool. Thanks for those ideas. I'm lovin' it, lovin' it.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 5

maybe a suitcase cake would be nice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%