In Need Of A Lemon Flavor Cake Filling

Baking By tex8798 Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 2:38am by alanahodgson

tex8798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tex8798 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:01am
post #1 of 12

what is your best lemon filling for a wedding cake. I am in need of one for a wedding cake I am making next month. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sonia

11 replies
twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:09am
post #2 of 12

Do you want strong or lite lemony taste?

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:10am
post #3 of 12

I make a normal buttercream and use fresh squeezed lemon juice for the liquid, I also add a teaspoon of lemon zest. It's really nice and fresh tasting.

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:15am
post #4 of 12

What about a lemon mousse? Super easy recipe I found here on CC and can be used to make multiple flavor mousses:

1 box instant lemon pudding
1 C milk
1 C heavy whipping cream
2 tsp lemon extract (optional)

Wisk whipping cream on high until firm. While whipping cream is wisking, mix milk, pudding, and extract in a bowl. Add whipped cream and fold to mix. Refrigerate for one hour then spread as your filling.

This stuff is AWESOME. I love to make it with the white chocolate pudding mix.

Hope this helps!

Rhonda

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:16am
post #5 of 12

the lemon filling recipe on here is really good icon_smile.gif its light and tastes like melted lemon sherbet icon_smile.gif ive used it 4-5 times now and its always a big hit!

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:19am
post #6 of 12

Lemon Curd is good also; especially if you want a tart contrast with the lemon cake.

Rhonda

tex8798 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 10:25pm
post #7 of 12

I am making a white cake for the lemon filling. They don't want the cake flavored just the lemon filling in between. So if I use the recipe with the whipping cream will it make the cake lean to the side. Or will it be ok to use when I do a dam around the cake first.

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 12

I used the one with the whipping cream and made a dam around the outside and it worked perfectly icon_smile.gif I did change up the recipe a little bit..i used lemon zest instead of orange...used 1/3 cup of lemon juice and then filled the rest to the 1/2 c line with OJ..and then followed the recipe the reset of the way...it tasted like melted lemon sherbet..SO good icon_smile.gif

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 11:25pm
post #9 of 12

I have to second the lemon curd.....ummmmm ummmm.

tex8798 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:24pm
post #10 of 12

does anyone have a recipe for lemon curd or is store bought better? Do you add anything to the lemon curd or do you use it straight.

Robbbbbbin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Robbbbbbin Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:03am
post #11 of 12

I just made a lemon curd tonight for the first time and it came out really delicious! And supposedly this is a great recipe as it is "lump proof"! Here ya go....

ingredients
3 oz. (6 Tbs.) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
how to make

In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, about 2 min. Slowly add the eggs and yolks. Beat for 1 min. Mix in the lemon juice. The mixture will look curdled, but it will smooth out as it cooks.

In a medium, heavy-based saucepan, cook the mixture over low heat until it looks smooth. (The curdled appearance disappears as the butter in the mixture melts.) Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 15 min. It should leave a path on the back of a spoon and will read 170°F on a thermometer. Don't let the mixture boil.

Remove the curd from the heat; stir in the lemon zest. Transfer the curd to a bowl. Press plastic wrap on the surface of the lemon curd to keep a skin from forming and chill the curd in the refrigerator. The curd will thicken further as it cools. Covered tightly, it will keep in the refrigerator for a week and in the freezer for 2 months.

You can also substitute the lemon for lime. Good luck!

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 2:38am
post #12 of 12

This lemon curd mousse is SOOO good. Its tart, but the cream lightens it. I found it to be totally awesome in white cake.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/LEMON-CURD-MOUSSE-15344

By the way-this recipe is HUGE! It makes about.....6 cups, maybe more!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%