Pfeil & Holing Ggrrrrrrr!!

Decorating By foxymomma521 Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 2:39am by thecreativeone4

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:43am
post #1 of 18

Ugh! I placed an order with them on the 2nd for a cake due this Saturday. I ordered $11 worth of sugar crayons, and it hasn't even shipped! icon_mad.gif What on earth will I do with all of those crayons, it's not like you get a crayon birthday cake request everyday!! Ugh! Anyway, does anybody else have this problem with them or is it just me? I placed an order with fondant source.com the same day and I already have that order- they are in Fl and I'm in NY, the same state as Pfeil & Holing! Sorry to vent, but what the heck am I going to put on top of the cupcakes now?! For anyone that orders from them, do you get anything other than an order confirmation email? My bank account still hasn't been charged, that's why I know it hasn't shipped. Thanks for listening icon_cry.gif

17 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:50am
post #2 of 18

Is it possible to cancel the order since you do not have a use for the product?

I wish I had some suggestion for you, I am so sorry this happened. I understand the frustration. Hope everything works out for you! icon_smile.gif

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:50am
post #3 of 18

Is that all you ordered from them? They have a $50 minimum order requirement, so is there a chance that it didn't process because of that? That stinks, I hope you get it worked out!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:56am
post #4 of 18

I have orderded fondant from them several times and the order has been delivered OK.....but I ordered my last fondant from Into the Oven......Prices are MUCH better and delivery was on time.

Sorry that happened.....I think they do have a minimum order but sometimes you don't need that much.

foxymomma521 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:58am
post #5 of 18

No, I ordered over $60 worth of stuff. I'm just so frustrated

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:00am
post #6 of 18

I've never had a problem. I place my orders with them on Sundays and always get them on Wednesday. Well, the only problem I have is they still ship, but don't tell me if something is backordered, so I ordered like 1500 cupcake liners once for an event that was close and they just didn't come. of course, I didn't have to pay for the, but I was kind of screwed...

foxymomma521 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:03am
post #7 of 18

Do they send any other emails than the confirmation one?

foxymomma521 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:08am
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

Is it possible to cancel the order since you do not have a use for the product?

I wish I had some suggestion for you, I am so sorry this happened. I understand the frustration. Hope everything works out for you! icon_smile.gif

I'm going to call tomorrow about that, thanks for the suggestion thumbs_up.gif

aligotmatt Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:08am
post #9 of 18

nope nothing. ever. You should call in the morning, they are really helpful.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:09am
post #10 of 18

I'm sorry this happened, I've never had anything but good experiences with Pfeil and Holing. They usually send a confirmation that they received your order, then one when it ships with the UPS information. You can always call their customer service number and ask. I had some slow shipments from them once but it was something that they got from another supplier, so they couldn't ship it to me until they got it. When I called them about it they looked it up for me and found out what was going on, so they're really helpful when you call them. Their toll free number is 800-247-7955, and if it hasn't shipped when you call them you can probably just cancel the order when you talk to them.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:13am
post #11 of 18

They call me if something is unavailable/not in stock.

foxymomma521 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:15am
post #12 of 18

Thanks Guys!!

thecreativeone4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecreativeone4 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:16am
post #13 of 18

I have ordered from them a few times.. after the first two shipments arrived after 2 1/2 weeks (with the most important items on back order --the reason I ordered from them in the first place!!), I promised I would never order from them again. But after a year I tried again and it was very quick and no trouble...(I did call the next day after ordering just to be sure). Odds are, as with any company--If you need it really bad you better check up on it OFTEN! They are pretty good about canceling your order as long as it hasn't left their shipping dept.

aligotmatt Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:20am
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

really? I want to be that special... it's just marked on my invoice that it was out of stock...

all4cake Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:21am
post #15 of 18

Looking back through my emails...looks as if the confirmation email is the only one sent.

I'd give them a call in the a.m. and check on the status of the order.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:33am
post #16 of 18

Yikes! I hope you can find another source. Good luck....I've never had a problem with them.

Michelle

all4cake Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:35am
post #17 of 18

I don't know what I did to get such treatment. They've called me when they thought I goofed too.

I know since dealing with another company that was bad(I thought) about sending me 4 of something I ordered 12(discount price for ordering a dozen) then charging me individual price for it and it falling below the $ amount required for discount shipping and charging the extra amount, I now put in the comment box on the final screens of any of them, "No substitutions. Do not process incomplete orders". and tell them when I need it by and to notify me if this isn't possible BEFORE processing order

thecreativeone4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecreativeone4 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:39am
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

really? I want to be that special... it's just marked on my invoice that it was out of stock...

Same here... That's why I was upset about it... If they had told me that it was out of stock I could have made other arrangements... ahh but no...not for me anyway!...When I called to check on the third order I made a point to ask if ANYTHING was on backorder!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%