6" Tall Cakes???

Decorating By CbyA Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 11:22pm by indydebi

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone!!! I just got an order but they show me a picture of the cake they want and it is one of those beatiful tier cake and the cakes are 6 in. tall. This will be my first one! and I need all of your help! icon_lol.gif How do I torte' this? How many layers of cake, filling?? Dowels?? Please help me icon_cry.gif Thanks in advaced icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 2

Did they specifically SAY they wanted 6" tall tiers? Many times, a bride brings in a photo, but, has no idea if it's a 4" tall or 6" tall.

Do you normally tort your cakes? If not, you can use three 2" cake layers with 2 layers of filling. Or if you use two 2" cake layers, torted, to give you 4 cake layers with 3 layers of filling. This may give you close to 6", by the time you add the layers of filling, plus the outer icing.

If you go with the three 2" layers, bear in mind that you giving them 50% more cake per tier, so your price should reflect that. (A standard cake is 2-layers, 4" tall. A 3-layer cakes is 50% more cake, even tho' it yields the same number of servings.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%