1St Wedding Cake Inquiry ~ Now I'm Nervous!

Business By Swede-cakes Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 10:31pm by MichelleM77

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all,

I just had someone email me to speak w/ me about "my wedding cakes". I've only done other types of special occasion cakes on my own, and the three wedding cakes I worked on were over 2 years ago at the old place I used to work (but she wouldn't know that). I haven't advertised that I do weddings.

Now, I haven't answered her yet b/c I just reached the Maybe-I-Won't-Do-It-As-Well-As-I-Should hotspot in my brain. I bet it's a feeling a bunch of you had happen when you were starting out, right? (Please say yes! icon_smile.gif

Anyone have any shimmers of CC wisdom for me? I searched old posts on "first wedding cake inquiry" but they all came up lost.

Thanks in advance!

1 reply
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 2

I don't know what to tell you. I just turned down my first wedding cake inquiry. I feel I have a lot of work to do first, more practice, more experience with tiered cakes, etc. Of course by the time I got the you-know-what to give it a shot (let her know that she would be my first, that I can't do extremely elaborate, etc.) she had found someone. Oh well. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%