Completely Idea-Less! Please Help

Decorating By Melan Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm by Melan

Melan Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 8

I need to do a sheet cake for this Saturday, well, it will be a 11x15, covered in BC -will all other decisions up to me icon_sad.gif I have no idea what to do -I have cakers block I guess! It's for a man's 70th b-day. Need something "manly" that doesn't look store bought - I want it to stand out that it's not a "Costco" cake. Thanks for the help!

7 replies
kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:04am
post #2 of 8

I h8 it when that happens. You should find out some of his interests. You could also check out this link.

miny Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:29am
post #3 of 8

Why don't you check Thanh Thanh's work?, it's pretty much asex and beautiful, you can get a lot of inspiration from it. I specially like "TT's Arts 29" look for it with this title on the galleries, it's a father's day cake but you can adapt it to any occasion. I hope this helps. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

amysue99 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:55am
post #4 of 8

I agree with miny. If you haven't already, check out Thanh Thanh's cakes. They're way beyond the typical grocery store roses on a cake.

aliciaL_77 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 8

What is he interested in? Here is a fishing one I did.

aliciaL_77 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 8

What is he interested in? Here is a fishing one I did.

jammjenks Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:24pm
post #7 of 8

I did this one. I know it is kind of generic, but it doesn't look grocery-storish either.

Melan Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 8

He doesn't like fishing, but cute cake! I do like the other one too, colors are great and it looks manly. I thought about adding some Argyle ribbon around the sides of the cake, to make it look more for a man, but I'mstill stumped. He is going to be 70 -and the ENTIRE family will be there! Keep sending ideas. But I do like that one with the blue and green...

Quote by @%username% on %date%