Wires For Cake Toppers?

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 2:29am by becklynn

tootie0809 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 4

What type of wires are used for so many cake toppers. I don't know how to describe them really great other than I see them on may cakes and some are curly and have different figures attached to them. Any info on where to find these and how to use them (how to curl them, etc.). TIA!

3 replies
JoAnnB Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 4

you can buy straight cut lengths of floral wire in most craft stores.

It can be curled around a dowel.

To stick somthing to the end of the wire, make a loop so the item has something to hold on ot.

It is best to insert a straw into the cake to hold the wire(s) in place.

tootie0809 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:57am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to give this a try one of these days. icon_smile.gif

becklynn Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:29am
post #4 of 4

I use 18 gauge stem wire from Michaels in the straight lengths, but I also bought a small roll of 19 gauge steel wire from Lowes which is GREAT because it is already curved! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%